ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo ds3000 F*cked @300 miles

PH1
After a really positive experience running yellowstuff in my track only PH1, I decided to try something new when they reached time for replacement.

After reading lots of good reviews, and yes I know you shouldn't believe anything written on the net, I went with Ferodo ds3000's along with Brembo HC's.
Whilst I must confess that the Freodo's performed a little better(once warm) than the EBC's there really wasn't the masive step up in performance I'd hoped for.
But the real shock for me has been the life span:eek:
I've done a full day at Oulton in Feb, and 2/3's of a day today, again at Oulton, and they're gone. Not just gone off or the performance dipped, these things have not material left on them.
I've covered less than 300 track miles:(

Is this normal?

I thought trackdays were supposed to be cheap, fun days.

Ta

172 Cup
My ds2500 have lasted over a year and have outlived my brembo discs. I've done a track day and a couple of short track sessions, and I drive hard on the streets on a regular basis. I think I've done over 12k on them tbh

PH1
fitted correctly?
Yes, as far as I know.
I'd filed top and bottom landings to give 1.5mm of play when cold, there was no binding even when "Hot"(that hot I burnt my hand on the wheel bolts when swapping tyres) and they worked well after 2/3 laps.
driving like a complete weapon?
I'm guessing thats a bad thing...................................so no:D

Bad batch?​
Couldn't be rules out but I guess its difficult to prove either way.

Could it be a "hardness" issue with the Brembo disc's?
The reason I ask, a friend running a Ph2 fitted new EBC blues and HC disc's at the same time as me(disc's were purchased at the same time) he ran Oulton with me in Feb and had approx 15% of his front pad material left.
That's one set of blues useless after 1 day or 150mile, makes my Ferodos look like a bit of a bargain.;)
Col