ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferrari 308 GTB v 172

Just had a race with an old 308 gtb - the guy wasnt happy !:devilish:

Sat behind him in Shoreham west sussex on a dual carriageway next to the airport and waited for lights to go green - he drove off and i floored the 172 -

the distance stayed the same until around 70 when the 172 actually started gaining ground on the 308 ! i was surprised !

the 308 wasnt the best condition and it chucked a little smoke out. I knew he was flooring it by the speed and the way the car dropped at the back but i slowed down after 80 and he pulled over to see what my car was !

He looked a little pissed !

Im not saying my 172 is quick but i had to race the 308 just to see the difference in acceleration and to be honest i wasnt impressed with the 308 against the 172! He seemed to be flooring it and i was surprised when we nearly over took him at 80 until a car pulled onto the carriageway.

I know there are much more faster ferraris out there but this model coudlnt loose the 172 and it did feel good !

The Driver didnt like it though !

thank god it wasnt the 360 or 355 - that would have been embarrassing but i still would have given it a go !

Anyone else raced (chased) a ferrari?

Pete

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yeah I half heartedly took on an older ferarri. Might have been a 308 as well. Im not too clued up on them, and while did did have loads of in gear power, he wasnt pulling too far ahead. He was actually playing with a Merc 320E which was pretty rapid especially on pull off.

I was kinda following at a little bit of a distance, and then decided tokeep even more distance between us as the ferarri locked up his breaks when a set of lights changed red in front of him and the merc...He had a lovely bald spot on each tyre and the merc with its ABS wasnt even phased...looked very funny