ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Little Cheap Mods

PH1_172
Done a few cheap little mods this weekend.

Got some Renault Sport & Renault F1 Team decals fitted on both sides of my car on the side skirts.
Also got my momo steering and boss and had them fitted on sunday by my uncle who he fitted it, and i have no airbag warning light it comes on as usual when you start the car then it goes off after a few secs just like it did when it had the original steering wheel on some im really happy that i have no airbag warning light on.

Heres some pics hope you like dont be too harsh please :cool:

Decals:
RenaultSportF1TeamDecals.jpg

RenaultSportF1TeamDecals1.jpg

RenaultSportF1TeamDecals2.jpg

Momo Millenium Evo:
MomMilleniumEvoSteeringWheel1.jpg

MomMilleniumEvoSteeringWheel.jpg

BMW 330D
Liking the wheel, Middo has the same one iirc.

When did you have your wheels refurbed? they look smart as well!.

Get it all colour coded though it makes a world of difference imo.

PH1_172
Thanks people,
miltage2: I couldnt keep standard wheel it was so badly mullered it looked awfull

freebieme: Thats cool everyone has there own opinions and tastes

Adamhodg: I had wheelsrefurbed the day i bought them, im not getting it colour coded im having the bump strips and all black plastic sprayed piano/gloos black with silver writing on it.

Fletch123: No its on koni adjustbale sports dampners and H&R springs

Last edited:
  PH1_172
least u can have MOMO in printed on your for head,at the scene of a crash!:cool:

Could do lol but i hopefully just wont crash, airbags not always good when some one hit my boyfriends cupra r in the side it set of his airbag and broke is nose and burnt his arm, the bloke only hit him at 20mph he was worse of with the airbag going off :(

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks tidy. Im not usually a fan of decals but those look nice and subtle....steering wheel is similar to that you get in the new Lotus Europa and is a nice looking wheel.

PH1_172
Looks tidy. Im not usually a fan of decals but those look nice and subtle....steering wheel is similar to that you get in the new Lotus Europa and is a nice looking wheel.

Thanks i was abit worried that the decals would look chav' but i think they look subtle but give the car a nice difference and it will tie in with my black and silver theme lol,

The steering wheel os not as safe but it certainly is nicer to drive with much thicker and smaller gives a better experiance just makes driving it even more fun.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The decals look nice and I've always liked that steering wheel, I just couldn't justify the price of it... Looks great ;)

PH1_172
The decals look nice and I've always liked that steering wheel, I just couldn't justify the price of it... Looks great ;)

thanks alot :)

It is a nice wheel for sure. The one on the Lotus has an airbag as well, and its feels gorgeous.
Attachment 16973
That looks great that steering wheel with the added bonus of the airbag, i have always liked my mates civic type r steering wheels its a momo with airbag as standard on the type r
momotyper.jpg

momotyper-1.jpg

Last edited:
  PH1_172
I got the decals from a little graphic shop near where i live the cost £8 for all four there roughly 20cm long

The steering wheel does look alot better in the flesh as the cmaera flash made it look alot more bling all the middle section is actually a dull brushed alloy

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Keep the decals on . Like the F1 .
Any thoughts on colour coding the black side mouldings?
Ali footrest to match the pedals? do a search

got a cliosport.net sticker for the rear screen yet?

Keep it clean & go cruising ( avoid road racing..nothing to prove anyway)

attend next track day though whenever it is?

PH1_172
theathea: Im having all side moulding sprayed gloss/piano black with silver writting on the 2.016v badge, i dont do racing really not much point, i have the part no. for the alloy foot rest so should have that soon

Note to self must buy cliosport sticker

nice mods mate quite like the stickers actually i have the same wheel in mine completely transforms the the feel of the car compared to the bus steering wheel he he unforuntately i had the resistor fitted to remove the light but after a while the light comes on all the time now but going to remove the dash and cover the lights up permantley arrggg

true the pic dont do the wheel justice is looks megga in the flesh and once you drive a car with one you will want one for yourself guaranteed

182 Cup
Just ordered a set of Renaultsport stickers in white to go along the sideskirts. 10 inch long ones, RENA16 I think the code was. ANy idea how long it takes for delivery for this crowd at RSgraphics?

PH1_172
thanks clidge i totally agree in the flesh it looks so right in the cabin, and it feels great.

our_kid i didnt order mine through there so have no idea how long it takes

Monaco Blue 172
true the pic dont do the wheel justice is looks megga in the flesh and once you drive a car with one you will want one for yourself guaranteed
have to admit the chunkier steering wheel was one of the reasons i chose a ph2 over a ph1. so i totally understand why she's changed it! ;)

Monaco Blue 172
Just ordered a set of Renaultsport stickers in white to go along the sideskirts. 10 inch long ones, RENA16 I think the code was. ANy idea how long it takes for delivery for this crowd at RSgraphics?
ordered mine tues nite they arrived today. think you might have oversized a bit with 10" but i guess it depends where u want to stick them ;)

no fitting instructions tho, presumably its just the usual hairdryer type of thing...?

Last edited:
  Monaco Blue 172
no hairdryer needed! compared to the CS sticker, these were dead easy to put on :approve:

no doubt that means they will fall off at the next jetwash... gives me an excuse not to wash it for a while ;)

Attachments

• decals2.JPG
    decals2.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 21
  Monaco Blue 172
thats cool, i would have expected the longer length to have been taller, but then i don't know how these things work! good that ur happy with them tho :)

172 girl sterring wheel not for me maybe momo jet looks better. Check out the girl above "i would rather have an airbag than a steering wheel" I suppose he would rather go and have his hair done than increase power of his engine>>>>>>>>>>>>