ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few more MK4 spy shots

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
CS, stuck in 2003. tbh not a fan of the 5 door idea, however if it does look similar to the pic it had potential imo

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I think it looks quite promising.

Although i'd rather N/A I also don't want poor mpg like the current clio and a poor co2 rating.

so turbo power should solve these issues a fair bit hopefully, albeit at a compromise. but then turbo has its advantages too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont see what all the hate is about with modern turbo engines for hot hatches, if done properly they are awesome, the 200 doesnt need anymore power, it does need loads more mid range grunt though! a 200hp turbo charged engine would have been ideal!

maby im just getting old!

Ph2 Clio 172
I agree about turbos. The stick the new crop of small capacity turbos are getting is unjustified. People have a very out dated view on turbos.

Plus, getting a sizeable chunk of extra power from a turbo is as simple as plugging in a laptop.

I do think this new car looks like a Golf rival rather than a small French hatchback. I think this generation is going to be a bit lost. We will have to wait for the next next Twingo for something that fills the gap of the 172. The next Clio is looking to large, while the next Twingo is underpowered.

Clio 197
It does look like a Corsa and Punto's dirty Love child and although not a massive fan of the latter I kinda like it.

Could be the death of one of, if not the best little hot hatchback :(.

Ph2 Clio 172
Going from 3 door to a 5 door in what clearly looks like a bigger overall footprint, yet being lighter?

I'm not buying it...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It's all rumours at the minute. Who knows what it will actually be like. I'd just wait and see, then have a moan when the official press release is out.

Ph2 Clio 172
At least we know that with a turbo getting a meaningfull increase in power won't require remortgaging your house! LOL.

Clio
Tbh the only thing letting it down is the f**king humongous badge on the front, other than that it has potential

Ph2 Clio 172
And the inevitable "I've blown the turbo" thread.... Lol

If they are anything like the other hot hatch makers running turbos, there will be 25 and 50bhp increased 'special editions' around anyway, running nothing more than a new map and some limited edition paint. 230 should be an easily achieveable figure without any worry. There's a 250bhp map for the corsa vxr for example that's not only approved by vauxhall, but doesn't invalidate the warranty (if you buy the car with it done).

Of course there will be people pushing it too far, but it will give us all something to laugh at :)

320d M Sport
First I've heard of a new shape Clio, and I don't know what to think really.

I agree that times need to change and Renault seem to be moving with the times. But I can't help thinking where's the excitement and unique-ness that even the 172 had? Maybe I'm getting too old for it all and build quality becomes more of a priority for me..?! I'll wait for the official pics I guess..

All this worrying about the build quality suffering because they say it's going to be lighter than the mk3 is not needed.

All it is, is manufacturers are using thinner metals (or sometimes aluminium) to create the panels. Its all to do with fuel consumption, everyone is trying to get cars to do silly mpg and still be quick.
Which is surely only a good thing?

Its the same with the mk5 and mk7 fiesta's, the mk7 looks huge next to the mk5 yet they weight pretty much the same.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Plus, as if it's the rumoured turbo, that 197bhp becomes anything from 210 - 240bhp with a map!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
bumpo

scaled.php

RS Clio 182
So they're rumouring a 220hp standard 1.6T? Could get as much as 15-20% off a map, 260bhp Clio with only a map? Yes please :p

People saying about size - please tell me how you worked out the dimensions of it from a pic in a snowy wilderness with nothing to give you any sense of scale?

Would you not say the people inside the car give you reasonable scale? :p

Not really. People come in all shapes and sizes. If you had someone who's like 6'5 in there it would mean the car is huge. However if those blokes are only 5'5 then it's a tiny car...

RB 200
im demotivated by the 5 door thing .. the fact its elongated for that has stupid back doors and stupid back handles makes me sick!! hopefully someone at renault gets a well deserved bang on the head and fixes it!!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
If anything, you would've thought that it would be the Megane that would get 5 door only, seeing as that's more of a family car.

Ph2 Clio 172
I wonder if they'll have the cheek to make a 5-door 'Cup' version?

Assuming they continue with the Clio Cup race series' they why wouldn't they?

I've actually managed to convince the GF that our next car should be a Megane 250. The 5 door Clio has actually pushed me to look at the next model up (which bizzarly is a 3 door only, lol).