ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few more MK4 spy shots

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
370995_1684_big_2012-renault-clio-4-1.jpg

spyshots-renault-clio-iv-looks-amazing-medium_1.jpg

Pretty close i'd say?
I'd be pretty happy if it had this face

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Quite like that. Not too fond of the oversize diamond, but like the 200 it might be a grower.

It looks like much more of a crowd pleasing glitzy shopping car than the previously more basic driving cars on first impression though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Five door and turbo, so not for me. No doubt it'll still be brilliant but I'm glad I got a late 200 now.

Arctic 182
The area around the wing mirror bothers me – the way the bottom of the side windows are lower than the bonnet profile looks odd IMO... hopefully it's more like the concept shots!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
The area around the wing mirror bothers me – the way the bottom of the side windows are lower than the bonnet profile looks odd IMO... hopefully it's more like the concept shots!
Looks a bit like the new Peugeots in that respect.

Ph2 Clio 172
Looks promising, but I think a 5 door only is a bad idea. Its just an excuse to introduce an over-priced 3 door "premium/coupe" model in about a years time. Citroen DS range springs to mind.

Not really. Its a reaction to the market. Something like 80% of 'normal' Clio sales are 5 doors and the RS is meant to be a halo model that promotes the lower variants. No point in making the halo model a different spec to the mass market model they want to flog off the back of it.

We (RS fans) are in the minority. They are making it 5 door only because that's what most of the market wants.

Same story with the 1.6T. Although I am far more happy about the turbo than I am about the 5 door.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah but the RS Megane is available in 5 door and how many do you see? I's say at least 75% of them are bought in 3 doors...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Plus, as if it's the rumoured turbo, that 197bhp becomes anything from 210 - 240bhp with a map!

So they're rumouring a 220hp standard 1.6T? Could get as much as 15-20% off a map, 260bhp Clio with only a map? Yes please :p

I dont see them making a non-Renaultsport version with more power (and so much more power). The fact they have said it has the 'very same 197bhp' as the current car suggest there is no turbo, else they would have said "has the very same F4whatever engine" or quoted a higher bhp figure...

The back fo the car looks good, not sure about the front though, looks a bit pointed like and alfa?

RS Clio 182
I dont see them making a non-Renaultsport version with more power (and so much more power). The fact they have said it has the 'very same 197bhp' as the current car suggest there is no turbo, else they would have said "has the very same F4whatever engine" or quoted a higher bhp figure...

The back fo the car looks good, not sure about the front though, looks a bit pointed like and alfa?

Ahh right, I'd seen 220bhp quoted somewhere for the 1.6T but possibly not from anywhere official, I meant as an RS version btw, 'standard' being OEM RS version. Even at 197bhp, you can expect as much as 20%-25% from re mapping a turbo, which would leave you at a pretty nice 220bhp with a couple of ton spent, and turbo's are so much more easily tunable than NA engines it'll be interesting to see what people come up with. You could easily spend a couple of grand without getting north of 200bhp on a 182.

As for the 5 door thing, I read ages ago that a lot of these hatches are going to go in this direction, I'm not a fan personally, and I don't really agree with the premise that the vast majority sold are 5 door, most of the normal clio's I see are 2 door, which suits the size of the car loads better anyway. Sure its something we can get used to though.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Never knew the RS Megane was available in 5 door!?! Learn something every day!

Probably for the best...

renault-megane-hatch-ii-2.0t-sport-5-door-2006-4.jpg

:dead:

Come to think of it, the new RS Megane is 3 door only innit? So why have they gone from 3dr & 5dr on the Megane to just 3dr... and going from just 3dr on the Clio to just 5dr!? Sense, it makes none.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a lot of people seem to be missing the point.. it can have 10 doors for all i care, if it pulls it off and looks good who cares how many doors its got? If it looks pants then it can have 1,2,3,4,5 what ever doors, it looks pants!

I think the plus point is, its bassed on the current clio 3 platform, so its going to handle, i just hope fitting the 1.6 turbo doesnt loose the "fizz" and excitement the current 200 has, hopefully a LSD and a nice turbo exhaust note with plenty pops and bangs on over run

look how much more refined a 200 is over a 182.. they struck an awesome ballance where yeah it felt much more stable and refined even at speed but that same mental high reving engine that still needed worked even harder matched with finally a semi decent exhaust note kept it fun. i just hope this new one isnt over refined!

no matter how it looks im sure we will all hate it then grow to love it.. remember when these pair popped on the scene a few years back??
Renault-Clio_RS_Concept_2006_photo_03.jpg

2012-Renault-Clio-RS-spied-4.jpg

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
AND

Who's to say the RS version will be a five door? They might make the RS the only one available as a three door. If that happens it'll be more expensive though...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
they are dropping the 3 door to save cash as its not cost effective to make both anymore, so no chance of making the RS 3 door, as they sell such a small ammount of them!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I realise this but until theres a press release you can't rule it out. Optimism overcomes me sometimes.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm pretty sure there is official word from Renault floating about that it's five door only.

The chances of them making a 3-door body just for the RS version are roughly one in twenty trillion trillion trillion.

They're not going to spend a trillion dollars making a 3-door just to appease the 0.1% market share of Renaultsport enthusiasts. Especially having just saved a trillion dollars by not making a 3-door. It takes years to get a car from computer to showroom. This will have been planned a long time ago.

FYI Ford have gone the same way with the latest Focus.

Last edited: