ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my turbo'd cup

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
It looks lovely mate! Makes such a nice touch doing the arches! Are you in the West Midlands?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Thanks mate. Just some Wilwood 4 pots and a Quaife Diff now mate. Then it’s done and I can just enjoy driving it. I toyed with putting a stronger head gasket in and having a bit more boost to put it up to 270 ish bhp but to be honest it is fast enough for the chassis as it is now. I would also love to start powdercoating bits in the engine bay as it looks a bit tired. :smile: It’ll be too good to drive soon. May as well donate it to a museum ha ha

Sounds good, would love to put a diff in mine, it's on the list but not sure whether I will ever get to it :smile: Are you running low boost at the minute? Seems to be the sweet spot for reliability & useability, friend had one running high 200's/300 but it did need constant attention, to be fair he did give it some at track days as well though :up: Got to get out and drive it though

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Sounds good, would love to put a diff in mine, it's on the list but not sure whether I will ever get to it :smile: Are you running low boost at the minute? Seems to be the sweet spot for reliability & useability, friend had one running high 200's/300 but it did need constant attention, to be fair he did give it some at track days as well though :up: Got to get out and drive it though

Yes bud. It makes 235bhp and 227lbs ft and to be fair it is rapid as it is. Just be funny to have a switch that gave it another 40bhp if the mood took me. Probably asking for trouble though and I want to keep it reliable and considering it was a Mr Greer creation is hasn’t done too bad. :smile:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
So I took the spacers off and tried the others but they looked absolute w**k so put the others back on. Decided to give it a clean and took some more photos:

169A955F-3A42-4BAD-B400-F1E639D512FF.jpeg
BB0E9055-DC58-4761-811E-458C19A741C5.jpeg
01E6A97B-4498-4509-957C-60E92FA056BC.jpeg
4C3DC933-9CE6-41AF-8E8E-D854F9AF8C61.jpeg
277F4097-E447-4D0B-A642-C42C41F9AE41.jpeg
2FFBDD82-6FAC-4182-B648-4BA377C0D09F.jpeg
66ACD4F1-C62A-421F-90B6-E9379699D65E.jpeg
441530CB-0389-4A43-B329-3F3686837E4E.jpeg
BE1A7825-F008-45EF-AD64-27241527F60B.jpeg
D80664BA-B034-4340-92B7-000A29FBD323.jpeg

Tucked back up in bed now until the roads get better.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Well im Sold on the 2118’s!!.feck it if its not something different.
Hopefully get them before july for when i go to Cornwall,fingers crossed.

Glad I could be of service mate. :wink:

Yours looks seriously good on turinis though....

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Haha!,i would like to get 2nd hand ones as would make sense to respray them rather than a new set.

Yeah the turinis do look cool & im not selling them either way,so can always put them back on sometimes.

Im planning of getting mine off this weekend for a proper good clean!.bought loads of wheel cleaner,Wheel sealent & tar remover to get rid of the old balance weight sticky stuff.

Photo shoot day soon tho in the summer is a must i say :up: @Dr Jekyll @BoostedSi & anyone else :smile:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Haha!,i would like to get 2nd hand ones as would make sense to respray them rather than a new set.

Yeah the turinis do look cool & im not selling them either way,so can always put them back on sometimes.

Im planning of getting mine off this weekend for a proper good clean!.bought loads of wheel cleaner,Wheel sealent & tar remover to get rid of the old balance weight sticky stuff.

Photo shoot day soon tho in the summer is a must i say :up: @Dr Jekyll @BoostedSi & anyone else :smile:
Yes definitely mate. If you all live in Essex i’d say Northampton/Milton Keynes is about half way between. I’m sure we could meet at a pub for lunch and photos and drives in each other’s cars etc.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yep mate me & mark @Dr Jekyll are in essex aswell as a few others,so i would say hour & half drive maybe 2hrs drive should be fine for all of us??..were sort a thread soon & get a date/place sorted for the summer months

e92 330i
This is the perfect Clio! Really nice, credit to you sir.

To answer your earlier question I had 20mm bolt to hub spacers but required shorter bolts. I bought them from carparts4less and they were h&r.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Yes mate. Just outside Stourbridge in Clent. Thanks for the comments.
I used to love in kiddy I’m just down the road In Droitwich now:up: when the weather gets better will have to go out for a drive mate!

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
This is simply perfect.
Why thank you sir. Yours is equally nice. Would be interesting to compare turbo power at some point. Love our project thread. Could also do with my injectors cleaning if you fancy it? :wink:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
This is the perfect Clio! Really nice, credit to you sir.

To answer your earlier question I had 20mm bolt to hub spacers but required shorter bolts. I bought them from carparts4less and they were h&r.
Thanks for the info matey. I want to keep my TPI bolts so will probably buy some 50mm ones and get them cut down with a lathe

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Why thank you sir. Yours is equally nice. Would be interesting to compare turbo power at some point. Love our project thread. Could also do with my injectors cleaning if you fancy it? :wink:

It sure would. Are you going to csf? And thank you :)
Absolutely, just drop me a pm and I'll try and give you a good price to get them done mate.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
It sure would. Are you going to csf? And thank you :smile:
Absolutely, just drop me a pm and I'll try and give you a good price to get them done mate.
Don’t normally go to CSF to be honest as I don’t do camping. May come for the day this year though. Brilliant i’ll do that as it does misfire occasionally on full throttle and can only be injectors now.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can do anyday you want mate. Some camp on Friday and Saturday, some camp just Saturday (that's what I normally do) and some just come for the day on Saturday and drive home.

So we'll see you Saturday :wink:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
You can do anyday you want mate. Some camp on Friday and Saturday, some camp just Saturday (that's what I normally do) and some just come for the day on Saturday and drive home.

So we'll see you Saturday :wink:

You may well then bud yes. Bring your camera :tongueout: