ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Q’s about upgrading bits 182

Hi guys and girls,

i need new brake pads now for my 182, and was thinking about better pads.

can anyone recommend better pads for the 182, also better brake fluid. also when i go around sharp corners the stop and other lights come on and flickers, this has something to do with the brakes, the book says. (WHAT)

Now exhaust, Ktec one or Magnex one, which is nicer. sound and performance.

also is it worth changing the gearbox oil, ive done 15,000 miles and the box feels abit notchy now, not smooth at all.

also have a wheel need refurbing, anyone know the paint code for the cup alloys, been to reno, and they cant find it.

any other things to make the 182 a better drive or more responsive, as i had a drive last night with a MR2 2.0 16v import (non turbo), and it took abit of work. if u get what i mean.

many thanks

Normal 4.1 fluids fine dont use 5.1 though.

Better pads talk to javascript openWin pop_up_profile.asp?profile=3838 , profile , toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=440,height=370 ">y0z2a on here (send him a PM).

The brake light can come on if you need to top up the fluid since there a sensor in th tank so under hard cornering the sensor can think the tanks emply. Just top it up and it will be ok.

Changing the gearbox oil Im not sure I probably would if I bought one and more importantly Id change the engine oil and filter as well.

Im cannot help you on the exhausts Im sure someone will be along some though.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

There are 2 popular exhausts on here.

Pro-Speed or Hayward & Scott.

Both have fans, both are more popular than K-Tec and Magnex put together.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Someone had a K-tec zorst on here and thought it was gash.

Depends how much u wanna spend but the Magnex is the best of the "cheaper" zorsts!

[Edited by leeds_182 on 15 June 2005 at 10:08pm]

The flickering light means that your brake PADS are very low...ie get new ones quick....

the same happened to me.....(dont go renault tho)...toooooo expensive...

182... again!

Chattin to Matt Allison (clio cup race driver) at brands. Was surprised but said they use standard renault pads!! Says a lot to me, Ill be sticking with renault pads. Brakes on my 182 are amazin!!