ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few questions now engine is almost re-fitted

CS Dungeon
Right, engine is back in and almost everything is plumbed back in.

Just got a couple of stragglers which I cand see where they go.

Sorry about the descriptions, but I did take photo's on my phone, however I cannot find the data cable.

1: Behind drivers headlight there is a black plastic pipe which comes from a canister which sits below the headlight & is behind the wheel arch liner. The pipe follows the aircon pipes towards the brake reservoir.......what is it and where does it go?

2: Breather pipe on throttle body (long skinny rubber pipe), where does the other end go?

3: Sensor on the end of gearbox (one green plug attaches too). What is it? Mine seems to of broken off. Anyone got one they can send me asap?

4: Breather nipple on the rear of the plenum near the coil pack, what goes there?

5: Brace that goes between the dog bone and the gearbox, does anyone have a picture of it?

6: Anyone know an MOT station within 2hrs of Cambridge who deal with tuned cars and will MOT my car with a decat fitted? PM may be best for this incase anyone from VOSA are reading here.

Hoping to have her back up and running by this evening.fingers crossed:)

Cheers

1. Carbon canister - goes to nipple (pt 4) which sits at the back of the plenum

2. For the acoustic valve I believe

I guess that gives you a couple of things to work with for now!

Sorry about the descriptions, but I did take photo's on my phone, however I cannot find the data cable.

1: Behind drivers headlight there is a black plastic pipe which comes from a canister which sits below the headlight & is behind the wheel arch liner. The pipe follows the aircon pipes towards the brake reservoir.......what is it and where does it go?

2: Breather pipe on throttle body (long skinny rubber pipe), where does the other end go?

3: Sensor on the end of gearbox (one green plug attaches too). What is it? Mine seems to of broken off. Anyone got one they can send me asap?

4: Breather nipple on the rear of the plenum near the coil pack, what goes there?

5: Brace that goes between the dog bone and the gearbox, does anyone have a picture of it?

6: Anyone know an MOT station within 2hrs of Cambridge who deal with tuned cars and will MOT my car with a decat fitted? PM may be best for this incase anyone from VOSA are reading here.

Cheers

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

under the plenham, it plugs into the oil breather plate, its a push fit.

on the mrk2 im sure this links to the acoustic valve

reverse sensor for rear lights, if you have broke it, dont fill the gear box oil yet. as you will need to remove it and replace the sensor

brake vac pipe for the servo assist, just pushes on, if when you re fit and its loose, then nip it up with a stainless lie or tiny jubilee clip. the brakes will feel soft if it is loose!

? brace? the mrk2 just bolts on, unless you have a mrk1 setup fitted (kinda black box section)

dude speak to Ben

Cheers

Last edited:
11092007242.jpg

This baby is for the CC

To be fair it could be either well have to wait and see!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hands up! i dont know what that is! wtf! im a mrk1 172 kid lol

i think its what you said then!

what does that do for the CC? jsut a vacume?

Its where it vents the fuel vapours to from the CC (i think!!!)

Well mine doesnt but it did lol

Cheeky edit there ben. Does the Mk1 not have a CC then?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yea, but the vapours filter into the pipe that sits under the plenham,

the 182 had a differnt breather setup, as the top crank breather is blocked, this maybe smokeys problem.

as iirc this is a 182 engine he is fitting? so the pipe from the 172 would of gone to the crank breather on the cam cover, if that is not there on a 182 and is now tapped into the plenham then that pipe needs to be blocked off or extended to the new vac entry

which is a problem, as the 172 one is about 1/2inch wide, and that one looks about 2mm! lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
unless the 182 still uses the large track on the oil sep plate but just blocks the mail breather into the plenham. and the other hole is a extra one? so it has two now?

CS Dungeon
Cheers for your help boys, will have to get some pics up this afternoon.

You are correct ben it is the 182 engine I am fitting.

At the back of the plenum there is this nipple (pt4) and there was also a black bit of pipeing about 2" long. This 2nd bit of piping I fitted the black plastic hose which comes from the bulkhead......is this right?
The nipple in pt4 is about 2" to the left of this pipe/hose.

Where is the acoustic valve?

CS Dungeon
Ben, if I sms you the pics from my phone, can you upload them to for me?

Or anyone for that matter if I sms them to you.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cheers for your help boys, will have to get some pics up this afternoon.

You are correct ben it is the 182 engine I am fitting.

At the back of the plenum there is this nipple (pt4) and there was also a black bit of pipeing about 2" long. This 2nd bit of piping I fitted the black plastic hose which comes from the bulkhead......is this right?
The nipple in pt4 is about 2" to the left of this pipe/hose.

Where is the acoustic valve?

yes! thats the brake vac pipe! that one is correct! which leaves this smaller one! which must be a Carbon canister vent! block it off!

CS Dungeon
I cant see photobucket pics at work Ben, there blocked :(

Gearbox reverse sensor is on the shelf ...........£21 from CAS

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
i may be able to help u with your MOT woes... pm me!

oh and do cliosport get a cheeky discount on your valet services?

CS Dungeon
2 pics sent ben, one of the Pt4 and one of Pt5, cheers fella

Will pm you mm, will give you a discount for helping me out mate:)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
pt5 , f**k knows mate sorry, fred etc would know. i have only ever seen the mrk2 setup once,

CS Dungeon
Re: Few questions now engine is almost re-fitted *updated with pics*

Cheers

Pt1

21042008134.gif

Pt2

21042008133.gif

Pt3

21042008137.gif

Pt4

21042008140.gif

Pt5

21042008135.gif

Pt6

Sorted:approve: :D ;)

CS Dungeon
Pt1 - Under plenum?

Pt2 - Where is the acoustic valve that this fits into?

Pt3 - CAS have one on the shelf for £21

Pt4 - As per Matt's post with a folded over piece of hose?

Pt5 - I may of been a numpty! At the same time as fitting this engine I was also removing my Williams engine in the bay next to it, wondering if I got this bit off of the Willy and not the 172......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I also forgot to add a Pt6

Pt6 Can anybody help me with this little lot of huge fuses and connectors

21042008129.gif

She's almost good to go :D

21042008139.gif

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
kk look at the pipe under the plenham that pt1 plugs into,

is it there on the 182 block too?

CS Dungeon
No I dont think so mate, I had a look and should be able to see it without removing the plenum.

It goes to a canister in the front drivers wheel arch, is this needed? I removed the acoustic valve from the other side and just put a screw in the pipe.

pt4 is where pt1 is mean to connect too on a 182, on a 172 it goes to the breather baffle under the plenum.