ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few snaps from CSCC 'Tintops' race at Brands Hatch.

Evening all, here's a few pictures my brother took from the race today.

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

Cheers
Nick

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol at James looking over at Toasties car.

IMG_6085.jpg

Shame we didn't all meet at the same corner at the same time, that would have been a good picture.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He managed to get himself into some good positions there. Nice one :)

The clios all look great too.

Just one thing that seems worth mentioning though, if he used a longer exposure time you'd get more of a sense of motion on the pictures, as the wheels would blur etc.

Hi Nick, Great to meet you yesterday and your brother! Will look forward to seeing you at the future races :) The photo's look great any chance I can use a couple for my write up/FB? No worries if not :)

Lol, I know Tony I was being super careful around Pete/ Sam as the last person I wanted to hit is them lol! Must admit that seat is such a pain for visibility :(

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
It was a good day, the white Clio was very quick and finished well.

It was sad to see the blue 172 Cup come together with the Fiesta and the fact this happened right in front of me! I did well to avoid them!

I was racing the bright yellow/green Peugeot 306!

Im uploading my pics now, will post them up as soon as they are done.

182cup & 172 racecar

It was sad to see the blue 172 Cup come together with the Fiesta and the fact this happened right in front of me! I did well to avoid them!

Ah, the guys next door.

What happened to the red one?

Hi Carl, got any footage our incident...looks like, from our camera, lift of over steer, correction whilst standing on brakes, rear lamps were on. Sam was a bit power or lift, not sure, choose more power. prob would've nosed into his rear near side if she'd slowed.

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
Computer crashed last night so pics still coming! lol.

Yeah we were next door to you lot :)

It was me in PFC last year and yes still got most the cars.

The yellow 306 is just a standard car with a standard engine, just with a cage in, I have got the proper BTCC 306 but as it was only my 2nd race ever I getting the experience in the standard one before moving to the big guns!

The red one at Brands is my mates car, it was just there as he was picking it up after the cage and bodies had been fitted. He hopes to be out racing soon!

details of our cars and team are here; www.pugsport-racing.co.uk if your interested.

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
Hi Carl, got any footage our incident...looks like, from our camera, lift of over steer, correction whilst standing on brakes, rear lamps were on. Sam was a bit power or lift, not sure, choose more power. prob would've nosed into his rear near side if she'd slowed.

Would like to see it if you have a link to it please.

I think the Fiesta lost it at the top of paddock hill bend, I had planned to nip past the both on the inside but saw him loose it and just backed off! He tank slap down the hill and just t-boned the side of the Clio.

I think if he didnt hit the Clio then it would have hit me, but was gutted to see the Clio get hit as it looked mint!

pics now unloaded and are here;

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.296647567084000.68196.100002162783136&type=3

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
The 306 looked pretty tidy Carl, I have a lot of pictures to upload but no time to do them at present.

thanks:) it nearly wasnt that way, sadly the Clio got it instead, I say sadly but in the nicest posible way Im sort of happy as mine stayed ok.

would love to see the pics when you get time to upload them.

are the Clios booked to do Silverstone race in a few weeks?

172 Race Car
out of interest, what does it cost to race in these series?
Nick is about right. Working out all costs its around £1k per meeting for a reasonable job. excluding the cost of the car and buying all you kit/licence etc.

A lot of club circuit racing is around that sort of money. Obviously you can spend more but you can do it cheaper by buying a ready buit car for a few grand, rather than sink £10-£35k into a Clio to go racing

172 Race Car
theres loads on YT now from various cars and some in project threads on here. Not finished ours yet, prob be the weekend

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
you can do it cheaper by buying a ready buit car for a few grand, rather than sink £10-£35k into a Clio to go racing

When you can buy a 2 year old 200 Cup racer for £19k, surely you would be utterly bonkers to sink anywhere near £35k into a mk2 lol!!!??

To Carl - your 306 is utterly gorgeous. Reminds me of how epic my old 306 Rallye was tbh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Entry fees are £365 for 20mins practice and 40 min race in our series

When you think that people normally spend half that on a trackday, and that if you do trackdays seriously you still spend the same money on tyres and fuel and brakes etc it does make it look like good value :)

Clio 172
When you think that people normally spend half that on a trackday, and that if you do trackdays seriously you still spend the same money on tyres and fuel and brakes etc it does make it look like good value :)

The man has a point. And some trackdays are over £200 so its really good value providing nothing goes wrong.

Obviously you don't get as much seat time as a trackday, however everything thing else like getting ready/checks to the car etc if you do that yourself fills the day out nicely.

It's very alluring indeed... Maybe too alluring for me come to think of it... May have to sort that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Obviously you don't get as much seat time as a trackday, however everything thing else like getting ready/checks to the car etc if you do that yourself fills the day out nicely.

It's very alluring indeed... Maybe too alluring for me come to think of it... May have to sort that.

Although you wont get as much seat time, you'll get a better quality of seat time as most trackdays these days are quite restrictive about where you can overtake etc, so I tend to find a lot of the time Im just following others around bends at their pace etc, where as racing you'll get pushed harder and get to lean on others if you are quicker than them etc

So I bet there is more fun in 60 mins on track racing and qualifying than in 200 mins of trackday driving.

Its something I would very much like to do at some point, probably mighty minis or similar single make series though.

Clio V6 255,Clio R27
When you can buy a 2 year old 200 Cup racer for £19k, surely you would be utterly bonkers to sink anywhere near £35k into a mk2 lol!!!??

To Carl - your 306 is utterly gorgeous. Reminds me of how epic my old 306 Rallye was tbh.

as to the costs of racing
I budget on around £500-600 per race including the entry.
The Snetterton round was on my doorstep so traveling was cheap, around £20, entry was £325 and I used 45litres of V-power for the race and qualifying. The tyres were second hand good Toyo 888s for £150 the 4 (they had aready been used on the test day by me)

At Brands I used £60 fuel in the van to get there, £365 entry and again around 45 litres of V-power. Used the same tyres and brakes as was used at Snetterton, changed the engine oil and brake fluid before hand too.

The car cost me around £4000 to buy and build.
The BTCC one which I will use once I get more experienced cost me £14k and is ready to go, but will cost alot more to run hence why its not being used yet.