ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta Detail

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
Got asked to do some work on a 1996 ford fiesta which I was told needed a few scratches taking out and a quick clean.

The girl who had just bought the car had only bought it for a few hundred pounds and didnt want to spend too much getting it looking right so I said id give it a quick clean and hoover, and take out a few of the scratches that she wanted removed.

However on arrival the car had around 2000 deep noticable swirls on every panel with lots of scratches all over the car. She wanted all the scratches out :shock: This was not going to be possible lol. After a quick chat with the new owner it was decided that the car would get a one day detail (minus the wax application to save costs) and a interior valet the following week.

The car looked like this; (deep swirls on every panel)

before6.jpg

before5.jpg

before2.jpg

before4.jpg

before3.jpg

before7.jpg

sidepanelswirls.jpg

sidepanelswirls2.jpg

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
So after a wash with PH neutral snow foam and gold class and dry it was out with the G220.

Picture below shows (a poor...sorry) 50/50 shot off the bonnet after one pass with menzerna RD3.02 but this was not enough as can be seen :dapprove:

afteronepass.jpg

Eventually after a few tests with various polish and pads the best combination was chosen. The results were good.

bonnetafter.jpg

bonnetafter2.jpg

bonnetreflection.jpg

bonnetshot.jpg

bonnetshot2.jpg

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
Now for the doors. These were just as bad, full of swirls and scratches.

doorpanelswirls.jpg

doorpanelswirls2.jpg

sidepanelswirls3.jpg

Scratches after one pass with the G220
doorpanelbefore.jpg

After hours of polishing :rolleyes:

doorpanelreflection.jpg

doorpanelafter.jpg

doorafter.jpg

doorpanelafter2.jpg

Fiesta056.jpg

Fiesta057.jpg

Fiesta024.jpg

Fiesta071.jpg

Fiesta055.jpg

Fiesta059.jpg

Fiesta075.jpg

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
The interior was pretty bad too. Everything was dirty and grubby as the previous owner had hardly cleaned the car. Carpets, dash, mats, seats, and door sills were very dirty:

interiorbefore2.jpg

interiorbefore.jpg

interiorbefore3.jpg

After aquick clean with G101 and AG interior shampoo and AG fast glass it tidied up nicely:

interiorduring.jpg

Fiesta042.jpg

Fiesta044.jpg

Fiesta064.jpg

Fiesta046.jpg

New owner was very happy :D

Thanks for looking
Dave

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
Cracking mate.

So how much did that cost her then?

one day detail minus the wax application to save on cost. She paid £150 which was nearly as much as she paid for the car. Engine is good on the old ford tho... previous owner 85 years old,full service history with ford, and 70k miles....not bad ;)

AK

M240i
Good price that!

Now the question everyone will be wanting answered tbh... was she fit?

Megane R26
VERY nice work there Dave :)

What do you use on your R27? I find it surprisingly difficult to correct...

Jesus that paint was in a bad state! I thought the paint on Sarahs Fiesta (same as this but red) was bad but thats much worse!

I bet she could easily sell that now as a complete minter and make a profit off it. You know she's a woman and she's going to end up taking it through a carwash and doing all that damage again don't you:quiet:

120d M Sport
Love seeing details like this on old/standard cars. Excellent work mate I reckon you've probably added quite a bit in value to that :)!

Renaultsport clio R27 F1
VERY nice work there Dave :)

What do you use on your R27? I find it surprisingly difficult to correct...
Cheers mate.
My paintwork is still in pretty good condition so not much paint correction has been needed tbh. I've only used Menz 85RD on mine with a sealent and wax. But on most clio 197's Menz 3.02 or 203s is enough to correct with the right pad. But somecars are more difficult than others :dapprove:

Jesus that paint was in a bad state! I thought the paint on Sarahs Fiesta (same as this but red) was bad but thats much worse!
Itwas bad m8. Loadsa swirls on every panel. Think it was washed at one point with a brillo pad haha :D

Cracking job on that!
Thanks mate

I bet she could easily sell that now as a complete minter and make a profit off it. You know she's a woman and she's going to end up taking it through a carwash and doing all that damage again don't you:quiet:

Nooooo dont say that!! I can see this to be true as well :banghead:

Love seeing details like this on old/standard cars. Excellent work mate I reckon you've probably added quite a bit in value to that :)!

thanks m8. Let shope she stays away from the dirty sponges and auto car washes!