ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fiesta st K&N kit to fit a clio 182!

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
i have a K&N induction kit frm my old Fiesta ST and wonderd if i could adapt the piping somehow to fit the 182 to save me having to sell the inudction kit and buy the same thing again! any suggestions needed! lol

3 Series touring
measure the bore of the filter...and of the 182 intake, then get a reducer pipe (about£15) ??

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
thanks for the replies! il try all the sugestions tommorow! from having a look at figures it shouldnt be much trouble getting it to fit. and greeny 172 why will it be losing bhp? arnt all the cones frm K&N the same pretty much just different pipe sizes?

Evo 8 MR
If the bore of the pipe is smaller on the fiesta then effectively he would be bottlenecking the 182 if he fitted it onto that, thats what greeny means.

Wouldn't do it myself, it's like buying universal parts, you just don't do it.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
o rite i see. im reconsidering my decision now lol. think i mite just sell it and go for a one made for a 182 :) . any recomendations?

BG182®
I fitted a Simota Aero Form induction from my old 206 GTi to the 182 and when RR'd it made 140bhp. After taken it off it made 166 with no filter...

There's no harm in trying it but IK's are designed for the car there sold for... well most decent one's anyway.

ibiza cupra
im thinking of losing my cone filter but i dont want to lose the roar i get when i have a heavy foot. also my filter and heat shield look quite nice along with the rest of the engine bay so im unsure what to do. might just get an air box for running on the strip and track days but use the cone for everthing else.

Not got a car
i just took my pipercroos inction kit off. make it so sluggish, goes much better with the standard airbox on, just wanting for my panel filter now.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
its not a case of being too tight its just using what you got :p ! could afford a maxogen but just dont see the point in spending sooo much money for such little gains eg probs 2 more bhp compared to other, cheaper filters.