ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 10 or Pro Evo

182 RB FF
Not to long until both are out so just wondered what people will be pre ordering this year?

FIFA:

360-degree Dribbling: The first-ever true 360-degree dribbling system in a football game provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
Skilled Dribbling: All-new animation warping technology provides unprecedented control. Skilled players now have the ability to face a defender and use highly-responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him.
Freedom in Physical Play: Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender.
Player Urgency: Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action.
Improved Trapping Intelligence: Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier.
Advanced Positioning: Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyse space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create passing lanes and vary attacking options.
More Accurate Passing: Players analyse space better resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure.
Authentic Shooting: Refinements to the shooting system and modifications of the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring.
Varied Defending Options: Slide Tackle targeting has been enhanced so skilled players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker.

Pro Evo:

Enhanced Realism: PES 2010 delivers a pace of game in tune with football played at the highest level. Triangulation of passes and use of off-the-ball runs are key to breaking down the opposition, forcing the player to use the strengths of their team mates to create scoring opportunities. Gone are 'soft' goals that can be used to break the deadlock - instead, only working the channels and the precision play expected of great players will make a difference.
Player Characteristics: Key skills of the many players have now been attributed named, allowing users to incorporate them into their play strategy. Cover star Torres, for instance, is renowned for his ability to receive a pass in the penalty area, and to drop the ball to a teammate in a good position for a goal-scoring opportunity.
Instant Tactical Switching: Each team has unique settings matching their real-life playing styles. Torres at Liverpool, for instance, will recreate the Merseyside club's sophisticated play and high numbers in attack, their pressing from midfield, strong defensive line, and width across the pitch. For the offense, the default settings support wide attacks and the aim to move in the back of the opponent's defense line. The user can summon the bar instantly during a match to adjust team tactics to enhance their defence or strengthen attacks.
Master League: The Master League now incorporates both the Champions League and Europa Leagues in its content, offering a complete season for players to enjoy. Success in the Master League will see players streamed into these competitions. The lure of European football can also be used to attract stronger players to your side, with transfer dealings and contracts now significantly more realistic in their use.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Both, probably. :cool:

FIFA is definitely getting the most press previews, though. Both games have full 360 degree movement, too.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No idea, but I do know that the early beta version of PES was apparently awful for freekicks and moreso penalties. Will no doubt be updated.

182 RB FF
Think I'll be Fifa again, pro evo has had a massive fall from grace over the past 2 years. Think the demos are released shortly so i'll give them a go first!

LY 200
Iv already started the count down to FIFA (just 30 days :approve:) but il also be buying PRO - As always i will playing whichevers the best long term.

I've always palyed fifa up till two years ago and now i'm a pro addict. To be fair i think last years fifa was up there but i still prefer pro.

The free kicks in Fifa are a joke, you can score from basicaly anywhere!

I'll be buying pro ev and i'll possibly buy fifa when i get bored on pro ev and fifa is down to a tenner lol.

Lastly, you can have a "pro-bev" whilst playing fifa. For those not in the know that is where you and your mates play pro ev and every time the ball goes out the pitch or there is a stop ni teh gametake a swig!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've always palyed fifa up till two years ago and now i'm a pro addict. To be fair i think last years fifa was up there but i still prefer pro.

The free kicks in Fifa are a joke, you can score from basicaly anywhere!

I'll be buying pro ev and i'll possibly buy fifa when i get bored on pro ev and fifa is down to a tenner lol.

Lastly, you can have a "pro-bev" whilst playing fifa. For those not in the know that is where you and your mates play pro ev and every time the ball goes out the pitch or there is a stop ni teh gametake a swig!

What?

LY 200

What!? lol

Thats almost as confusing as to why you would be playing FIFA up until the last two years and then change over - Wrong way round springs to mind!

LY 200
I meant because you were waiting til after xmas to buy it rather than on day of release, not because you preferd FIFA as thats my bag too at present - Get with it numb nuts! ;)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo

pussy rules ;)

goal - 5 finger for your mate
red card - 5 fingers
yellow - 2
give away a pently - 3 fingers
pausing game by accident - 1 finger
not skipping replays - 1 finger
swearing at the ref - 1 finger

that'll get you on your way ha

penalty red card goal swear at ref is killer

FINGERS AS IN DRINKING RULES BTW

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
pussy rules ;)

goal - 5 finger for your mate
red card - 5 fingers
yellow - 2
give away a pently - 3 fingers
pausing game by accident - 1 finger
not skipping replays - 1 finger
swearing at the ref - 1 finger

that'll get you on your way ha

penalty red card goal swear at ref is killer

FINGERS AS IN DRINKING RULES BTW
What the f**k are you doing fingering your mates?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
  172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
PES for me. Fifa was and is too glitzy and easy, I think people hated the current PES because they are useless at it, imo.

Hang on... in that 2nd link they give licensing as a draw and a point to PES for customization, whilst admitting Fifa does not need customization as its already there!

Some really poor comparisons in that!

182 RB FF
Yeah, I think Konami have paid them.

Lol, wouldn't be the first time.

A couple of years back (first on PS3 I think) IGN were the only one to give it a 9/10 or 10/10 but you soon found out why when it got to half time and had IGN plastered all over the screen! lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haha indeed. Check out that vid. I know where my money will be going foremost this year :cool:

That's not to say I won't be buying PES10, too, but Fifa looks mint.