ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 10 or Pro Evo

I'm guessing it's only going to be 1 half or a short game, but still looking forward to it.

My mate and I have recently added ourselves through the "Be a Pro" thing or whatever it is, but then you're default in your teams squad. You're so s**t its funny. Revelinho ;) is tall but thats about his only quality. Lacks any pace, accuracy, power or positioning skills :(

It's funny tho because you forget all about passing it to your team and just make yourself want to score.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing it's only going to be 1 half or a short game, but still looking forward to it.

My mate and I have recently added ourselves through the "Be a Pro" thing or whatever it is, but then you're default in your teams squad. You're so s**t its funny. Revelinho ;) is tall but thats about his only quality. Lacks any pace, accuracy, power or positioning skills :(

It's funny tho because you forget all about passing it to your team and just make yourself want to score.

Be a Pro is ALL I play on F09 :p

If they quit, you should get the win.

You can't beat playing with mates. Fighting with each other and the standard rule of if you chip the goalkeeper. You get to do a wrestling style jump off the sofa onto your opponent! LOL

I have no idea, my quit ratio was rather high, even though the majority of times I was quit on!! Only times I have quit is when the connection has been really bad and the game just went in to 1 frame per second mode!

FN2 Type R GT
Loving the fact you can now create set pieces...Fifa 09's corners was always way too hard, never got a head to it!

And hopefully they will sort the quitting issue, cant believe they didn't do an update at some point to get rid and fix it.

The new My Live Season premium service in FIFA 10 will feature weekly updates of player form, transfers, injuries, suspensions, fixtures, results and league standings, creating a mode that mirrors the real world, where gamers play their favourite real-world teams’ games in complete authenticity in any of the following leagues: Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division. The game mode enables you to visually track your results against real life as you progress.

“Every Wednesday is Live Season day where dynamic real-world data and analytics will be updated in FIFA 10 to match the weekly rhythm of real-world football and subscribers will have the chance to rewrite their clubs’ history,” said David Rutter, producer of FIFA 10.

My Live Season is available for the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360. The service is valued at a recommended retail price of £3.99 for the ongoing season on PlayStation Network and 400 points on Xbox Live Marketplace for each individual league. A package of all leagues will be available for the recommended retail price £7.99 for the ongoing season on PlayStation Network and 800 points on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Guess no 1 league free this year then?

Anyone downloaded the demo yet? will get it tonight!

Clio 182 cup'd
If you quit before the game reaches 15 minutes (usually when there is a poor connection or something) your DNF % does not go up. Quit after 15 minutes and your DNF goes up, and the game is recorded as a 3 - 0 loss.

Its been like that for as long as its been online so if people are quiting on you, at least you still get the win!

Questions..

1) How long is the demo? Half a game? 5mins each way?

2) Do you get the arena bit with multiple players?

3) What teams are available?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Questions..

1) How long is the demo? Half a game? 5mins each way?

2) Do you get the arena bit with multiple players?

3) What teams are available?

1) I think it's 7 minutes this time around.

2) No idea, mate.

3) Chelsea, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Marseille and I think Chicago Fire from MLS.

Few early comments I've picked up :

Tricks work better, you can really tell when you're in control of a good dribbler.

Loving the " Tony Adams " style defensive blocks..

CPU has just had a shot from about 25 yards out, on the right sideline of the pitch. I'm thinking "what the hell? stupid glitch!"

Nope, the CPU saw more keeper was way off the line, smashed it over everyone including the goalie, and hit the bar

Nice.

Long passes are MILES better! A lot more zip to them, quality

Lots of good new animations, I love the shot blocking and I just saw an "Ibrahimovic" type attempt at goal.

This is only the demo but for me this is the business.

Just played a couple of games, stood up and let up a big "Hmmmm".

I'm not the biggest FIFA fan, but I desperately WANT it to be good.

First game, Chelsea v Chicago, was typical FIFA fare (for me), frustrating passing, midfield scraps and it felt 100% like playing FIFA09.

Second game, my Barca against Marseille and in this game, I saw about 5 new things!

* The skill dribble is now so much more effective. Was doing a slow dribble out of defence, was closed down and did a little skill move which happened without the old lag of 09 and I was past him - very good.

* I barged someone just outside the box, quick free kick layed off and they hit a hard shot from about 30 yards off the post.

* Play got pulled back for a booking. I know it happened on 09, but advantage play is MUCH better

* Passing feels more crisp now, but its the freedom and speed of movement thats got better.

* GK come off their lines instantly if you hold the charge button down - and they dont stop either, much better.

Overall, I still fear it will be a drag playing as lower league teams, but I think this is definitely 'evolution' rather than 'revolution' and its a better game for it.

I'll keep the pre-order now, but will be interested to see how PES plays on the PS3 in comparison.

Keepers seem much better and anything palmed out, there is usually a defender diving in to make a block of any follow up.

Gonna be some amazing goals scored in this game.

I think more than ever with 09, you REALLY have to put PES out of your mind, get the finger off the sprint button and play it like 'real life'.

I think the engine is good enough now to do it. The pace and response of the players even in walking mode is about spot on. I thought it was too slow in 09.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still can't say 09 was, maybe I should try the demo of this one.

What's the release date for fifa?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wow! That is some funking shiz!

Lol at the fake shot! Pro evo since 2000 I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably just to show the controls.

Are you a 360 man scutch?