ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 13

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FIFA 13's first details have been leaked ahead of an expected announcement later this month.

EA recently presented the game in London and highlighted the five major improvements coming to this year's edition, NeoGAF reports.

First Touch Control will see incoming balls more difficult to control, with the strength, speed, player skill and ball height all influencing how the ball is received and dealt with.

Offensive AI is set to receive an overhaul, with smarter strikers that move with the offside line and that will choose better running routes when off the ball.

A new free kick system will enable gamers to feint shots, which can be followed by a pass to a player coming off the wall, while up to three players can gather round the ball and "make fun of the opponent's defence and goalie".

gaming_fifa_13_screen_1.jpg

Defensive options on free kicks are also improved, allowing more players to be directed into the wall or out to block the ball.

Finally, Complete Dribble will be offered. While few details were provided, you will no longer be able to change direction and begin dribbling as with FIFA 12.

Elsewhere, player likenesses will be improved thanks to new Dimensional Imaging software, while new cheering and goalkeeping animations, passing types and referee behaviours will be added.

gaming_fifa_13_screen_2.jpg

gaming_fifa_13_screen_5.jpg

gaming_fifa_13_screen_6.jpg

FIFA 12 was the first one in about 10 years I didn't bother with.

I doubt I'll be getting this then.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I hope it's like FIFA 12 just with no bullsh*t. Best game out at the minute and they improve it every year. Can't wait tbh.

Love Fifa 12. So I guess I'll get 13.

For me, it's main bug, is that when playing career mode, it takes an ages to skip through the days to the next match.

Would like easier free kicks too.

182 ff
sell my fifa 12 in june for around 15 squids come release date of fifa 13 there be worth a pound !!! just like fifa 11 was the next day, after the launch of 12

I like Fifa mainly for the career mode.

So the changes I would like:

- More managerial options; I would like to see how many goals have been scored in all comps by a player, not just in each individual comp.

- I would like to be able to see my home/away form over the last season.

- It would be nice to be able to send counter offers in the transfer window, so if they want my player for £4,000,000 and I want £5 mil, you should be able to ask for it!

- Free kicks need to get easier, its nigh on impossible to get the ball up over the wall, down and past the keeper unless you have a stupid world class player.

- Skipping through the days between matches is slow, especially when the transfer window is open, could do with being sped up.

- Opposition defence is often un-realistic, they will stand still and simply stick out a foot to tackle you, take the ball off you, send you to the ground, and control the ball, all with one touch!

- Refereeing is poor imo, decisions are shocking on it, rough tackles never go your way, then you even so much as tickle the opposition and you get a free kick against you. Would also be nice to see the likes of handball introduced.

Audi S1
I like Fifa mainly for the career mode.

So the changes I would like:

- More managerial options; I would like to see how many goals have been scored in all comps by a player, not just in each individual comp.

- I would like to be able to see my home/away form over the last season.

- It would be nice to be able to send counter offers in the transfer window, so if they want my player for £4,000,000 and I want £5 mil, you should be able to ask for it!

- Free kicks need to get easier, its nigh on impossible to get the ball up over the wall, down and past the keeper unless you have a stupid world class player.

- Skipping through the days between matches is slow, especially when the transfer window is open, could do with being sped up.

- Opposition defence is often un-realistic, they will stand still and simply stick out a foot to tackle you, take the ball off you, send you to the ground, and control the ball, all with one touch!

- Refereeing is poor imo, decisions are shocking on it, rough tackles never go your way, then you even so much as tickle the opposition and you get a free kick against you. Would also be nice to see the likes of handball introduced.

Agree with all of your comments. But handballs are an option on Fifa 12 :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The main thing they need to change is:

When you set the difficulty to high all it does is make the AI defenders faster. Carra cannot outpace Welbeck in real life, he shouldn't be able to in FIFA!

DCi
Really?!?!?
yeah i've not used it for a while but it's pants because you get a free kick then all you have to do is smash it in to the wall and you get a handball peno haha

also the animation for blocking a cross as a full back sticks his arms out and there is nothing you can do about it to stop giving free kicks away. it's better off.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
If you turn Handballs on there is about 20,000 stoppages a game for handball. No s**t.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FIFA 13 players 'to look more realistic'

While previously it was only possible to offer highly accurate 3D facial likenesses for the most recognisable players, a press release from Glasgow-based Dimensional Imaging claims the firm's new tech will allow EA to give more players than ever the "DI3D star treatment".
Mike Harrison, director of EA Capture at Electronic Arts, said: "We recognised a few years ago that raising the quality of facial appearance was an increasing priority for our game teams. Working closely with Dimensional Imaging has allowed us to develop a highly accurate 3D facial capture pipeline that is now so efficient that we can apply it to more characters than we ever thought possible."

Dimensional Imaging CEO Colin Urquhart added: "The relentless increase in the quality of computer graphics makes it ever more necessary to capture real life human likenesses in order to create believable virtual characters, but this process has traditionally been very time consuming for video game development.

"EA was one of the first developers to recognize the need for improved capture workflows, and working with them since EA Sports FIFA 10 has been instrumental in helping Dimensional Imaging to develop a product suite that is now suitable for even the most demanding development pipelines in the business."

Fifa 13 is the most realistic yet, downing misses a 1 on 1!
Fifa 13 gameplay looks good, lots of improvements and added realism
Unfortunately they wouldnt go into detail about the different game modes but never the less got some good info on fifa 13
Barcelona should have their own acting school
If you thought contain defending would be taken out you are naive

http://fifagamersblog.com/2012/04/20/fifa-13-presentation-de-la-premiere-version-a-la-presse/

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Need a button combo for a dive like 'This is Football' had years ago, epic.

Plus, goal line tech? :clown:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There was a dive function in an old FIFA on the PS2 I remember.

Edit it was in FIFA 99.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just imagine the rage with online games if you conceded a penalty in the last minute via a dive.

Lol. Would be awesome!

Also, how about an intentional foul button combo? Sneaky elbow to the chops when going up for a header.

Petrol Blue 182.
I'll end up buying this, was never really into FIFA untill 11. Only thing I dont like is the lack of development with the club i.e cant upgrade the stadium etc. Wimbledon in the champs league at a 5,000 seater stadium.

I remember on LMA Manager you could choose your sponsers to a degree and upgrade stands etc. I liked that

I'll end up buying this, was never really into FIFA untill 11. Only thing I dont like is the lack of development with the club i.e cant upgrade the stadium etc. Wimbledon in the champs league at a 5,000 seater stadium.

I remember on LMA Manager you could choose your sponsers to a degree and upgrade stands etc. I liked that

That would be nice actually.

Although the manager doesn't really deal with that kind of thing?!

Petrol Blue 182.
true, but I do a couple of games and I then generally get bored. Would be nice to get side tracted in something like this to stop me from loosing intrest.

I like the transfer negotiation side of things as it keeps me occupied

I love Lamp
Exhibition match, move the sliders. Can have an 85 pro within an hour.

I know that it's just the whole hassle of doing it and pausing to look what others you want to do etc etc.. Every year for the past 3 or however many games.. I hate playing offline games it's so boring.. Give us an option to start with a decent pro if you had one on the last game or something

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I know that it's just the whole hassle of doing it and pausing to look what others you want to do etc etc.. Every year for the past 3 or however many games.. I hate playing offline games it's so boring.. Give us an option to start with a decent pro if you had one on the last game or something

The World Cup game had that. Had my BaP upfront with Rooney <3

F56 MINI Cooper S
If a dive was put in i wouldnt buy it, its cheating, no ifs buts or maybes. no need for it in the game, unless youre useless at it