ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 10 or Pro Evo

172 Cup
Just had a few games of this on the xbox360 demo and I was really impressed, really fluent and the refereeing decisions were more sensible. I made a few lovely last ditch tackles.

I will still give pro evo one more chance to get back on track, becasuse I am pro evo at heart, but the last effort was turd!

Clio 182
Just had a few games of this on the xbox360 demo and I was really impressed, really fluent and the refereeing decisions were more sensible. I made a few lovely last ditch tackles.

I will still give pro evo one more chance to get back on track, becasuse I am pro evo at heart, but the last effort was turd!

Yeah same as what i thought, i wont cancel my PES pre order but it Fifa have a nice game nowdays.

Astra Bertone Coupe
The demo seems pretty good, it feels alot better being able to pass a defender using pace rather than having to use the tricks ! AI seems alot better as you can see when you run a defender out of position a midfielder will try and cover his position etc. Can't wait for it now :D

The AI is massively improved. How players move, the bounces off people, the little challenges etc.

I like it! Looking forward to the full version!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Downloaded and played this last night and I reckon I'll buy it but that all depends on how good PES is this year.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's really good, much better than last years, which was also great.

The more you play it, the more you learn and see different and clever touches.

Also, try using LT+RT for controlled dribbling. Very effective indeed ;)

[YOUTUBE]BigVqfoD3LY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]d_cK47RA6c8[/YOUTUBE]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Good news for PES fans, this was posted by WENB's Adam, who has a 70% code finished version of the game :

Unlike the last time I went away for a while, I took PES 2010 with me. I couldn’t bear to be without a game I’ve been playing consistently since I got code. I was away on business, and luckily had the evenings spare to play some PES. Quickly (thanks to my big mouth) word got out that I had code, and Monday evening I had a room full of 9 guys eager to play the game.

A bit concerned about the solidarity of the code, and the fact they adored FIFA 09, I set up the code and let them loose with PES 2010. I watched in amazement and massive satisfaction as they all fell in love with the game and spoke of how much of a change it was from last year. Graphics got the major praise, with many following FIFA last year due to visual appeal. Gameplay caused frustration sparingly (due to code bugs), but the faults were quickly overlooked as everyone was enjoying it immensely. So much so that we didn’t all go to sleep until 4.30 am! That continued for 3 more days, as the talk of the offices were filled with jubilation for PES 2010.

For many its all predictable, as its what you all expect and want from the game. For me it was a sense of justification, as it seems backing PES over FIFA these days shouldn’t be done or spoken of out loud. To see a large group of people who don’t visit websites or even get caught up with the pre-launch hype genuinely impressed by PES 2010 was refreshing, and filled me with confidence.

When I came back last night from a long journey I instantly downloaded the FIFA 10 demo. I was exhausted, but couldn’t stop playing the game. The subtle changes (very much like PES on the PS2 days) are massive in the way they change how you play the game, and the abundance of animations were a joy to behold. But there was something in the back of my mind which told me, after hours of fun, that PES 2010 is very close – much closer than people think. I grabbed the phone and one by one phoned the guys at work and asked their opinion. Having a more casual outlook they told me of their love for FIFA 10, but couldn’t get over the visual side of PES 2010 and how poorly the kits, player models and actual players look in FIFA 10. Gameplay wise, they were more impressed with FIFA 10, but claimed it was very close, with PES 2010 refinement from this code to final to be a key factor in what game they will play this year.

And I have to say I’m on the same boat. The final code will be in my hands early next week and I’ll be able to judge exactly what PES 2010 will have to offer us this year. Seeing both PES 2010 at 70-75%, and now FIFA 10 at around 90-95%, I’m actually buzzing – on a total high. Reason being PES more than holds up at this stage, and the final work will no doubt determine if Konami – out of nowhere – reclaim the crown from an incredible FIFA 10.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Me to.

And i'll think you'll find I mentioned about how good the graphics looked months ago compared with fifa.

That is the first time pro has ever put a lot of emphasis on graphics and actually looked like it took over from fifa visually, although not stadium wise I would say.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
It's simple, on his right foot and scores, whats your problem?

Fifa can't compete with Lawro and his commentary.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i agree with gally.

PES is grand, but to say that Fifa is for children is wrong, especially when PES was definitely more of an arcade game than football simulation and Konami even admitted that last year. Hopefully this year it will be rectified. They know where they went wrong - and ironically it was making it for kids!

don't
Just pre-ordered fifa for £31.19 from Argos, free delivery! code Game20 is valid for 2 more days I think, is mentioned on their main page

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PES is grand, but to say that Fifa is for children is wrong, especially when PES was definitely more of an arcade game than football simulation and Konami even admitted that last year. Hopefully this year it will be rectified. They know where they went wrong - and ironically it was making it for kids!
No way scutch, fifa may have been a better game but it's no where near as close to real football compared with pro.

The shots were always exagerated, scoring from 30 yards with wild bends on it. Just silly stuff like that.

It's not a childs game, just jesting with that, but I always said that younger kids could pick up fifa and enjoy where they would get bored with pro because most games finish 1-0 ect...

Which is why I love the game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No way scutch, fifa may have been a better game but it's no where near as close to real football compared with pro.

The shots were always exagerated, scoring from 30 yards with wild bends on it. Just silly stuff like that.

It's not a childs game, just jesting with that, but I always said that younger kids could pick up fifa and enjoy where they would get bored with pro because most games finish 1-0 ect...

Which is why I love the game.

I'm all for PES regaining it's crown, but Konami and Seabass himself admitted that Fifa was the better footballing game last year. You can't really argue with the guy who created it, TBF.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm but it's not. Maybe he meant it was the better game but nobody has ever said pro was an arcade game it's always been a sim.

Nice patient build up to score goals, 1-0 wins ect... I can tell from video and 30 yard free kicks that fifa is less than a sim than pro.

I was always Fifa for years when I was younger. Then got shown the way of Pro and that was that. Couldn't play fifa anymore. It felt horrible.

But things have changed. Fifa last year was streets ahead. This year it looks like its getting better still. So Pro has some major catching up to do..

LY 200
Got the Dem downloaded the weekend and it is excellent - Not a hell of alot different to last years but there are a few nice updates!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hmmm but it's not. Maybe he meant it was the better game but nobody has ever said pro was an arcade game it's always been a sim.

Nice patient build up to score goals, 1-0 wins ect... I can tell from video and 30 yard free kicks that fifa is less than a sim than pro.

It was Seabass himself who said just before release of PES9 that they were going for a more arcadey, pick up and play experience with the game. That's why he has said they are taking that away and going more for a simulation this year as they totally screwed up and didn't expect the problems. There was a quote from an interview he did on this in this section somewhere I think.

It does look great this year, there's been a few folk playtesting the beta version and say it's catching up to Fifa, but they still need to work on a few things like running animations and also the sounds are a bit hit and miss as well as the new viewpoint for penalties which apparently takes a lot of getting used to. I'm always looking for the latest videos and new snippets for PES, as I still remember the good old days of PES4 and 5, and if the gameplay was like that for the newer games, we'd be onto a winner.

I just think Fifa will have it's crown yet again this year, and judging by the demo and the released version which is at least 3 builds newer than the demo, it's well worth it. PES has another month or so to sort it out and make things perfect again! :cool:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good shout scutch, you're making me want to search for vids of the new pro now.

You're probably right on all counts and i'm too much of a fanboy to realise ;). I could never picture having a competition with 16players in a pub playing fifa.

I would get lynched for a start!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PES 2010 will look better, will play better, and will recreate real football as closely as the current hardware will allow.
I know i'm sad but I love it!

Clio 182 FF
^^^
Gamertag : boca10205
i will be sure to stay well clear of him in an online match if his name pops up, but then again i might beat him if hes all tricks;)

DCi
just tried the PES demo, so now i've tried both.

fair does PES looks great (Although I might be saying that because i was looking at liverpool players haha) but i thought the gameplay was too slow compared to fifa.

one thing that doesn't really make it fair was that i am not familiar with the PES controls so i find it harder to use all the options available to me

i think i'll be sticking with fifa for this year

I'm finding with the PES demo pretty shite! Ball sound effects are awful, players all seemed to be animated the same and the opposition defense always seem to be back in the box in huge numbers no matter what!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The sound effects really are poor. The whistle is the worst. It's so lame and fairy like.

Apparently, the more you play it, the better it gets. Well, I've played it a fair bit, and although it's better than last years, it's no Fifa.

I like the improvements in Fifa, its the little things that make it a good improvement. Love the tussling and barging off the ball, the last ditch flying blocks are superb, and the fact the keepers are improved is great. At least they can now make recovery saves!

Nimbus 197
tempted by fifa this year, had a blast of the demo and was very impressed. Had to change the controller layout to PES stylee though :eek:

Well I never thought it do it, but im defo turning my back on pro evo this year after many years of being a pro evo fan! Fifa 2010 is immense to be fair!

Now wheres the best place to pre order it for the PS3?