ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally a Dry Day For The Winter Car Clean, 56k No Chance

VRS
The rain finally held off for long enough to give the motor a good winter prep :D

opted for some more durable products because i know i wont want to do any cleaning in the colder months lol

products used:

megs shampoo
waffle dry
megs clay and quik detailer
autoglym srp
autoglym egp
collinite 476s

the pics dont really do it justice as its overcast today :(
winterclean004.gif

winterclean001.gif

winterclean005.gif

winterclean009.gif

winterclean010.gif

RB 182 with CUP packs
Very smart mate.

I like the idea of the Yellow calipers etc.

Not over keen on the seats from that view, but horses for courses.

Exhaust looks fruity....what is it?

Good work

VRS
Very smart mate.

I like the idea of the Yellow calipers etc.

Not over keen on the seats from that view, but horses for courses.

Exhaust looks fruity....what is it?

Good work

exhaust is prospeed :D

seats are fantastic ;) far better seating position over oe and really hold you in :)

As father and son....
still going strong mate :) done about 4,000 miles since i picked it up and its been fun to say the least. MAC course was insane, the only problem is im driving it hard at the weekends but failing on the cleaning side of it....its looking a bit slagged atm.

tempted to sell for a 182 or a 172 Cup to tide me over till October. Or shelve my plans for my MSc and go full out and sell it for a 'teg :)

VRS
still going strong mate :) done about 4,000 miles since i picked it up and its been fun to say the least. MAC course was insane, the only problem is im driving it hard at the weekends but failing on the cleaning side of it....its looking a bit slagged atm.

tempted to sell for a 182 or a 172 Cup to tide me over till October. Or shelve my plans for my MSc and go full out and sell it for a 'teg :)

a teggy would be very tempting if i were in your shoes, defo gotta be white tho :D

RB 182 with CUP packs

seats are fantastic ;) far better seating position over oe and really hold you in :)

Who supplied that? *Daft question*

Is it alot louder than stock?

I bet the seating position is better.....I do like the Trophy seats, but are expensive

RB 182 with CUP packs

Having had both (Selling my Teg now ;) ) save & get the Teg......a much more complete car compared to the CTR.

VRS

Who supplied that? *Daft question*

Is it alot louder than stock?

I bet the seating position is better.....I do like the Trophy seats, but are expensive

The prospeed exhaust is from charlie at prospeed (cardiff)
its got a yozzasport decat as well

the exhaust is loud but not too loud if you know what i mean lol
charlie can make them as loud or quiet as you like tho :D

RB 182 with CUP packs
The prospeed exhaust is from charlie at prospeed (cardiff)
its got a yozzasport decat as well

the exhaust is loud but not too loud if you know what i mean lol
charlie can make them as loud or quiet as you like tho :D

He used to work for Longlife in Surrey iirc.

Done some work on my R5 when I had that.

Good good lad ;)

A4 Avant
That does look very good! The yello offsets the blue nicely!

Is it the pictures or do the front seats look like they are trimmed with a purple-ish cloth?

VRS
That does look very good! The yello offsets the blue nicely!

Is it the pictures or do the front seats look like they are trimmed with a purple-ish cloth?

its my camera, i cant get it to take the seats very well :(

they are black and grey rock cobras but always look purple on my photos :(

i need to take picture taking lessons lol

these are them when they were in mikes v6, you can see the colour better in these pics:

2.gif

1a.gif

pid

182, black gold
lookin good! ive always been a true auto glym user, but the megs stuff looks good, whats that clay stuff all about?? something about using a lump of clay on my car makes me worried!!

makavelli, from the looks of those houses u live in west heath or astbury lane ends?? am i right or is my congleton recognition letting me down??!!

VRS
lookin good! ive always been a true auto glym user, but the megs stuff looks good, whats that clay stuff all about?? something about using a lump of clay on my car makes me worried!!

makavelli, from the looks of those houses u live in west heath or astbury lane ends?? am i right or is my congleton recognition letting me down??!!

yep west heath matey :D

do a search on claying and you will get a lot of info :D

basically you spray detailer on the paintwork and then gentle pass the clay bar over the wet surface, it picks up contaminents such as tar and leaves the paintwork with a glass like finish :D a perfectly clean surface to apply the polish to :D

ive gone for autoglym egp and collinite for the winter as its more durable, the summer cleaning includes vanilla moose wax, poorboys ex-p and p21s but it only gives about 1 months protection and i cant be arsed in cleaning much over winter lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Exterior is spot on, like the seats but not the yellow bits on the dash :(

Whats it lowerred by mate and what with?