ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally finished all my little mods apart from 1 thing (i think) :D

J

jakm15

I think I’ve finally finished doing all my little mods now, had my Clio from November 08 (since I passed my test at 17), love it as a first car. I did a thread before on the stuff I’ve done but I’ve finished now so I’m doing another. It’s a W Reg 8V 1.2 RN GRANDE MK2 PH1 (mouthful lol). Regularly serviced, loads of receipts and MOT's and only 40 000 miles, last owner was an OAP.

Here is a list of what I’ve done what I can remember.

Dynamique alloys,
40mm lowering springs,
Front fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights, (one ph1 and one ph2 at the moment as I got 2 left hand clusters sent to me and this was after sending me some Lexus style ones so I got sent the wrong ones twice, rewired them both then had to redo one when I realised they had f**ked up and sent me 2 left hands).
Ph2 spoiler,
White side lights, (did have xenon’s until they melted my bulb holders so I decided to put standards back) :D
Clear side repeater lenses and sliver bulbs,
Full valet, foamed everywhere, seats, roof, floor, everywhere, made a massive difference,
Degreased engine bay and polished up,
Painted callipers and hubs black,
Cam belt change,
Full service,
Flat wipers,
Clio sport sticker (made my car faster) :D ,
Shiny new car mats,
New Kenwood head unit with iPod connection,
IPod holder and 8 GB red Nano,
2 6x9, s,
Tom-tom (can’t cope without it),

Really pleased with how its looks now.

DSC02700.gif

DSC02698.gif

DSC02685.gif

DSC02699.gif

DSC02702.gif

DSC02701.gif

DSC02626.gif

J

jakm15

ye would look good, they do seem to be really expensive tho and im not 2 sure about rewiring

Looks at bay shot, *wtf theses no engine.... wait, i think it might be there* lol 1.2's so small.

Looks good chap! :)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good some duel optics would be really nice to finish it of was my first thought. My car is going to be similar to yours when its finished. (if its ever finished haha)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Exactly the same as my car (minus the mod differences) few questions about fog lights....

Did it already have the wires for the fogs? Did you have to buy a different stalk (with a front fog switch on it)?

Car looks good though! Ph2 rear bumper an option? Also, painting the spoiler makes a world of differences and is normally quite cheap!

J

jakm15

you braught the spoiler i wanted!!:( looks good fella

haha ;) the exact same one??

Exactly the same as my car (minus the mod differences) few questions about fog lights....

Did it already have the wires for the fogs? Did you have to buy a different stalk (with a front fog switch on it)?

Car looks good though! Ph2 rear bumper an option? Also, painting the spoiler makes a world of differences and is normally quite cheap!

ive not wired them up i cudnt be arsed its 2 much trouble the loom isnt there and you would need the new stalk. proper pain in the arse. thers no point its never foggy and you just get a £30 fine if you have them on when its not and you look like a nob imo. they make a big diff just instead off the blanks

any idea how much for getting it sprayed ??

have you only got one lol

well, the person i bought them off first sent me some s**tty lexus lights, so i sent them back, then i got 2 standard ph2 lights so i rewired them and then realised they had sent me 2 left hand lights so i had to change the right hand one back. ive sent one back and im waiting for the other.

Which speakers did you go for?

just some jbl 6x9s off ebay wired them to the rear speakers, made quite a difference.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
My mind hasnt been made up with 6x9s yet im still unsure about them. I think some decent components all round and that would be enough?

J

jakm15

if your going to change all the standard 13cms that wont make any difference unless you spend quite alot on them, i would just buy some really good 6x9s

J

jakm15

Hmm okay ill have a think

when i was thinking about it i listened to some which sounded good they were £120 for 2 lol. and you will need 4 and new tweeters as they are poop and crackle. sooo i thought sod that and got some £20 6x9s and they do the job.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Lol fair enough sounds like a good deal mate. I desperatly need some alloys saving for some Turinis haha and some lowering springs want to lower it 40mm like yours. The speakers i got atm are really good actually when turned up loud they dont really loose too much sound quality.

J

jakm15

you jumped in before i had a chance to check my balance lol got any more pics of how it looks on there? was it hard to get on?

no just open the boot lid and you will see 2 screws in the middle and 2 at either end, just give them a spray with wd40 wait . . . . . . and then uncrew and it pulls off. it does need a good tug at one end before it comes loose but was easy enough.

heres some before n after if they help, ill take some tmorrow if u want.

before (before i lowered it or anything)
DSC02649.gif

after
DSC02701.gif

DSC02699.gif

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
sounds easy then, can you take a pic like down the side and back and one side on so i can see what it looks like from different angles:)

J

jakm15

Lol fair enough sounds like a good deal mate. I desperatly need some alloys saving for some Turinis haha and some lowering springs want to lower it 40mm like yours. The speakers i got atm are really good actually when turned up loud they dont really loose too much sound quality.

ye looks loads better when its lowered and handles better, 40mm is low enough for me any lower and its 2 bumpy and curbs and speed bumps are bad news. i lowered it 40mm all round and it sits pretty well rear is a little lower but i have a big fat tool box in so thats probly why. springs were £70 posted and fitting was £50

you can turn mine up pretty lound but the tweeters and rear speakers start to crackle when its to loud

J

jakm15

sounds easy then, can you take a pic like down the side and back and one side on so i can see what it looks like from different angles:)

ye sure, ill take some tomorrow after work if its not pissing down

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well the spoiler is quite easy to take off i have seen the bolts you are talking about i had mine off. 40mm is the right height for me like you said it sits right and handles much better. I can fit the springs myself :p dont want it scrapping the sump haha

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer looks like you have to wait a while for the shocks to adjust and stuff have yours leaked atal?

J

jakm15

Yer looks like you have to wait a while for the shocks to adjust and stuff have yours leaked atal?

errrrrr dont think so, i dont think lowering it 40mm affects the shock, maybe in the long term but ive not seen any drips on my drive so id say no, ill have a look tomorrow and be devastated if they are lol.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well its just i have heard people saying when you lower it you springs can leak maybe its only if you lower 60mm or more i have no idea. Its weird because wen i got my car home it was dripping and i thought it was coming from the oil filter but i was told it was above it somewhere. So i did my service on it and then degreased the engine and covered the ECU and stuff then i have no more leak weird.

J

jakm15

Well its just i have heard people saying when you lower it you springs can leak maybe its only if you lower 60mm or more i have no idea. Its weird because wen i got my car home it was dripping and i thought it was coming from the oil filter but i was told it was above it somewhere. So i did my service on it and then degreased the engine and covered the ECU and stuff then i have no more leak weird.

magic car fixes its self, or whatever was leaking ran out off fluid lol, u checked all levels, brake, clutch, gearbox, power steering, oil, coolent.

ye i think they will only leak above 60mm or be prone to leaking.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I see yer my levels are okay i mean i flushed the engine and the coolant. I mean when i got home i had no power steering fluid but when i topped it up it hasnt leaked since so no idea the only one i didnt check was propably the gearbox.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd imagin about 50£ to get it sprayed mate, well worth it imo, makes a real difference. I had mine done when i had my ph2 rear bumper sprayed and fitted and the bloke did the spoiler for free :D

J

jakm15

I see yer my levels are okay i mean i flushed the engine and the coolant. I mean when i got home i had no power steering fluid but when i topped it up it hasnt leaked since so no idea the only one i didnt check was propably the gearbox.

i doubt it would be the gearbox anyway because it would not be high up in the engine bay like you described

I'd imagin about 50£ to get it sprayed mate, well worth it imo, makes a real difference. I had mine done when i had my ph2 rear bumper sprayed and fitted and the bloke did the spoiler for free :D

thinking about getting it done now

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm sticks out quite a bit compared to standard mark one middle spoiler, might have to get one aswell would u want to colour code that?