ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally got a 172

H86

black 172
:clap:

picked up my car today!

i love it! quite scared driving it though :eek:

apart from a very tiny dint that i didnt notice untill i got it and the obligatory melted steering wheel (wtf!)
im really really happy with it !!

BUT

as soon as the electrics come on there is a loud noise that i think may be the motor for windows??? if so is it supposed to be so loud or is it on it way out

anyway heres a couple of pics, totally standard at the mo

P1010688.jpg

P1010691.jpg

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Have fun mate.

Is the noise a buzzing noise?

It could be the climate control sensor near the interior light, just give it a clean.

The is a guide by fishy dave or someone but I cant recall.

RS 172
Nice one, dont seem to see many black 172's. The noise might be the air circulation switch. When I push mine to stop the car drawing in air from outside, it makes a fairly loud noise as it closes something or other.

H86

black 172
just been out in it again the noise alters if i press the button to open the windows so guessing there's my answer !?

not sure for mods yet. it definatly needs cambelt changing as it hasnt been done :( so once iv sorted that think im going to get it lowered, oh and clear indicators obviously ;)

SchwepTek™
LOL well become a full member and get a profile pic up then!!!!

OH and what the hells with H86??

SchwepTek™
Thats shocking!!! LOL, altho i cant really say much!!!

Guess i could change it to A86 then!!! Hahaha.

How u likin the car then?

SchwepTek™
I wouldnt worry too much. Clios make loadsa funny noises and lots that'll piss you off.

Turn the music up! :p lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Welcome along 172's look nice in black. Herdie's and another one with 17in turini's looked spot on. Give them a search.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Black looks soooo nice when its clean! Pity you keeping it that way in this weather.

Lush car! Always look good in black! Welcome to the club by then way.

For the lads that want to ask that haven't yet

l_2390fefc1675cc2e72bc41de88ba334a.png

W

wickedbitch

omg you was born in 86 and you already have a 172!! And in my best colour which I couldnt find one in!! Im gutted, anyway ive pm'd you the info you wanted speak to you soon

Nimbus Megane R26
Hey nice looking 172! Just be careful in the winter weather, they like to torque steer and that isnt good in the wet lol. Have fun!!

I was born in 86 and got my 182 just before i turned 21, good to have a nice car so young isnt it!! enjoy!

H86

black 172
ye it is nice having a fast car at 21

although got to say a little bit of me is wishing id stuck with my original plan of the celica 190 :quiet: :quiet: i cant get used to how small it is especially after everyone at work today said oooh thats a nice little car :mad: