ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got my car insurance (16v clio)

Clio 172

Finally got my insurance yesterday :D

I am 17 with a valver and learning to drive.

Also mentioned the mods it has (alloys, lowered, exterior decoritive changes and full exhaust system with de cat)

Came to 2197.20 for the year.

Not to bad compared to some insurers wanting 6000+ lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(

MUG!*
*I am happy for you but theres no way on earth Id pay £150+/month for insurance. More than the car!

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 26 February 2005 at 9:49pm]

Clio 172

;) Sorry just fancied getting a valver as a first car (oh and trust me it was hard to get insurance, Had about 30 people tell me to get lost until I was older. Espically when I said oh and I have mods!)

I have spent basiclly every penny I have on this car and insurance. :sick:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Drive it careful or youll never get insured again. If I had my VTS when I was 17, I wouldnt be sitting here now. Ive been driving 11 years now, Im 28 and the VTS still surprises me at times. 17 and a valver for first car is bordering suicidal, no exaggeration.

Not a Clio

nice one mate!

now save up for servicing and any suprises the valver may and probably will throw at you ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Doesnt sound good for when you need to have the arches done, or the clutch goes, or the box, or new driveshafts, cam belt change, calipers etc etc. LOL Valvers are NOT cheap cars to run!

Clio 172

It has already thrown one at me by having a blown head gasket (637 to repair) and was gone for 4 weeks. Just got it back and since I have got it back its been acting dodge. Taking it back to them on monday. Wont idle properly (cuts out and stalls when applying brakes for junctions) (somtimes)

Also when reving it shakes violently :cry:

Dont know what they have done to it.

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 26 February 2005

It has already thrown one at me by having a blown head gasket (637 to repair) and was gone for 4 weeks. Just got it back and since I have got it back its been acting dodge. Taking it back to them on monday. Wont idle properly (cuts out and stalls when applying brakes for junctions) (somtimes)

Also when reving it shakes violently :cry:

Dont know what they have done to it.

i did say i wouldnt really trust that place man. your engine rocking and shaking the car when it revs makes me think it was the same problem as my vcar witht the engine mounts being loose or f**ked alltogether, does the gearstick when reved move back more than an inch??

i wouldnt pay that much for insurance! you could have bought an RT and insured it for that, easily! then in a years time when youve got 1yr NCB sold the RT and used the money to pay for the valver insurance!

imo a valver is too much for a first car, i would have crashed if id had that much speed so soon after passing my test! ive had a few silly moments in my 1.2!!

best thing to do to cut down on costs is to not have a fear of doing things yourself!

buy a haynes... get some tools, and have some guts... youll soon be changine engines.

from knowing nothing at all, in a year i am changine engines, adding widetrack, master cylinders, brakes..etc....nothings rocket science!

its your money at the end of the day,...£2000 is alot, but i know mugs who pay that for 1.1s !

Quote: Originally posted by Dan on 26 February 2005

i wouldnt pay that much for insurance! you could have bought an RT and insured it for that, easily! then in a years time when youve got 1yr NCB sold the RT and used the money to pay for the valver insurance!

imo a valver is too much for a first car, i would have crashed if id had that much speed so soon after passing my test! ive had a few silly moments in my 1.2!!
he tried to get insurance on my car 1.4rt alloys suspension light exterior mods and it came to 1700!!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 26 February 2005
Finally got my insurance yesterday :D I am 17 with a valver and learning to drive.Also mentioned the mods it has (alloys, lowered, exterior decoritive changes and full exhaust system with de cat)Came to 2197.20 for the year.Not to bad compared to some insurers wanting 6000+ lol

who you got the guote with mate ?

Clio 172

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 27 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Dan on 26 February 2005

he tried to get insurance on my car 1.4rt alloys suspension light exterior mods and it came to 1700!!
Yup daylight robbery and I phoned around a few!

jesus 1.8 for a first car, you are nutz. i pushed it to a 1.4 for my first car and i only started driving 8 months ago and im 21! costs me 1200 a year. was thinking, maybe a valver when my first year is up. i just couldnt afford to run a valver just yet! be careful

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by cabbagekitten on 27 February 2005
btw whats a valver? (pardon my ignorance)

Mk1 1.8 16v - you know flared arches, bonnet buldge?

Seems like a good price for first car young driver. im 26 and pay £1200 on my 182 and only got it that cheap because norwhich union f**ked up. the lowest other qoute was with elephant and co-op @ about £2300.

Just take it easy with the car dude. my first car was a really nice 205 1.9gti was a lovley car had it a month and wrote it off. but was only 3rd party so lost every penny. was no fault of car being to powerful it was all fault of mine. 2.5 days off driving about with about 3 hours sleep in between. police said i was lucky not be dead as i hit the biggest thickist telegraph pole in UK i think. the copper said that lucky it was a large engine as that broke the pole in 2 and i carried on about 30-40ft along road. would have hit it and stopped dead if i was in a smaller car.

That quote is not too bad, most companies dont like mods when ur 17, but if thats what u want to spend your money on, then thats fine, just be careful!