ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally.

s**t light, tripod broke, heavily swirled.

But not a mark on her, save for a 50p sized piece of paint bubble on the rear boot trim (quoted circa 100 to fix and bargained into the price).

67k miles. 51 plate. Full leather Recaros. 225 BAM engine. Totally standard and with FASH. Private plate (as I am clearly not Sue, or SOE) which will be sold once I find my own. This currently takes away the age of the car.

Not a single thing is missing or is faulty, anywhere on the car. I didn't take any proper interior shots or engine bay shots, but it is basically new, with the exception of some wear on the radio buttons. There are no clunks, the engine sounds and runs as sweet as a nut and all electrics work.

Four months well spent searching.

IMG_5433.gif

IMG_5436.gif

IMG_5439.gif

IMG_5450.gif
IMG_5457.gif

The car only needs very minor bits and pieces. De-stickering on the rear windows and MOT on the front windscreen, new flat wipers, new LED sidelights and number plate lights, possibly RS4 mk1 alloy wheels, a remap (probably Paul, but maybe Revo/others) and a damn good detail;

IMG_5441.gif

IMG_5452.gif

IMG_5445.gif

IMG_5443.gif

IMG_5447.gif

All in all, I am over the moon. It sticks to the road, not that I have tested it, and the pull in every gear is immense. It sits at 2.9k revs on cruise control sat at 70 to Birmingham etc and I am averaging 35 motorway, 28 around town.

I no longer feel the urge to floor it as that feeling of 50-100 at the drop of fourth is such a safe feeling it rarely gets used.

Oh, and I now listen to Radio 2 constantly. . . good. Next grey hair.

Looking forward to getting out to some meets finally.

Comments always welcome :)

IMG_5454.gif

Jamie

DCi 100
Finallly... but gawd look at that paint, looks like the Clio's... :rasp:

Hopefully I shall see it soon in the flesh, I like the red more than I expected tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning mate, a cracking buy and doesn't seem to look dated like some older ones suffer.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats!
Sounds like you got a minter. And i should hope so after how long you've been looking!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The panzer looks nice mate ;) You'll have to take me for a quick blast at the NW meet, I wanna know if they are actually boring haha.

Thanks for the comments ladies and gents.

Chris, lol, I do. But solid was what I was after :)

Kneel, of course lad, looking forward to a catch up, been a while!

Mini Cooper S
Looks lovely! I'm suprised how good it looks in red. A lot of S3's in that shape look pretty dated, but not in this colour!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Thanks for the comments ladies and gents.

Chris, lol, I do. But solid was what I was after :)

Kneel, of course lad, looking forward to a catch up, been a while!
Aye, I'll bring some red bull just incase heh :rasp:

Nice upgrade Jamie. Any plans for it?

Nothing much chap. Needs a serious detail. Simple things like new wipers, side lights to tie in colour wise, small part respraying. That's about it. Probably a remap and maybe a set of these alloys;

2617053115_ef3b8b8b6f.jpg

i like that... alot, you should go see scott at chipsaway for your paint, text me he'll look after you like he has done TDK

I think they would finish it off nicely Roy.

Rob, not bad, better than anything else I had been looking into (Z3M, M3 and R32). 4NCB, 23, 3 points came out as 700.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
brilliant looking motor. actually love it in red. i like the original wheels better, you dont see many of them. those tt wheels are on every chav vag wagon round here.

well text me tomo when you want his details, he wont be as expensive as the others, if i send you his way he'll sort you right out. and he's VERY good x

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks good. Best colour bar the grey metallic
IMO. For what you wanted, bang on.

Cheers Naith.

Warren, I agree mate, think it will suit my requirements very well. I love driving it. Even just sitting in traffic it really is a joy. Soooo nice to have a manual again as well!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
nice one mate, what put ya of getting a R in the end then? love the red.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Nice one matey! prefer the original wheels if I'm honest though, save some pennies instead :)

Is this a facelift? I can never tell lol.

Love how these things launch off the line, hmm I've just realised I really like these! :eek:

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice wee guy! You'll have you're work cut out on the paint! VAG paint! Fun fun!

If there is paintwork required, i'd advise getting it done properly, not Chips away, whilst it's good as a temp. solution. I can't see you, being as picky as you are, being happy with the end results. I know i wasn't...

Last edited:

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lovley.

Get onto RS246 owners club, alot of those lads have progressed onto the RS4/6 and know plenty of the S3 :)

Last edited:
  Barge
Ah, Jamie my sweet. Very nice - I'm loving the swirl bus. Look forward to seeing it if I venture down for a detail!

Seats are epic.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually like the wheels, if you're getting any paintwork done mate, get those door mouldings done, would finish it off perfectly.