ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Find Out What My Cold Running Problem Is

Turns out the oxygen sensor is knackered!

I almost died when the mechanic said it was £300 for a Renault one!!!:eek:

Found out its less than £50 from PartCo! ;)

He said it wont take no time at all to fit it but itll take time to set it up.

Does anyone know how long it might take to set up cos they charge almost £50 an hour! :cry:

Cheers mate, but its only a fiver cheaper and the delivery will probably be that!

Renault charge me £42 an hour + VAT which is £49.35, that why I wanted to know how long it might take them to set it up cos I dont want them to spend hours on it and bankrupt me.

I was suppose to order my K-Tec Exhaust last week but Ive run out of money cos of this!

Skoda Fabia vRS

i dont see why a new lambda sensor would need setting up, it should only need fitting, which you could do yourself

Brun is correct, there is no setting up, just screw it in and plug ito the harness.

Just disconeect your ecu for 5 mins befre starting to clear the memory.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Talking of charges per hour from dealers. Friends of ours have a Land Rover Discovery and when it was in for a job last week, the labour charges were £79 per hour.

Beat that!!

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 06 November 2002

Talking of charges per hour from dealers. Friends of ours have a Land Rover Discovery and when it was in for a job last week, the labour charges were £79 per hour.

Beat that!!
My local Peugeot dealer charges £70 per hour + VAT making it well over £82 with VAT

um, we charge well over 100 quid an hr in our porsche centre.....hehe, and Rolls royce HK about 500......ooer

BOLLOX!

Car is running better, but still hunts when its cold!

They did an emissions test and it failed on 3 things, and it passed with the new oxygen sensor!

Seems I needed a new oxygen sensor, its just not what was causing the original problem!

Any ideas anyone

Skoda Fabia vRS

coolant temp sensor is a VERY common problem

also clean out your idle speed control valve

both of these are common problems

coolant temp sensor has been replaced, did that first, and it made no difference!

will try the 2nd idea!

cheers brun