ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding the RIGHT Renaultsport Clio to buy...

FF RB 182
Have my heart set on a 182 clio.. Been thinking of getting one for a while now, and now some women decided to crash into my car i've decided why not.. So trying to get a couple £100 out of her for damage and will break my old car for parts and get a Clio (I have the cash for the clio so can buy at any time)

Keep trawling through this site, autotrader, eBay and Pistonheads.. i've found a couple local to me.. One i typed the reg in on google and it pointed me to this site.. and what I found the currently owner wasn't honest about it in the advert and the mileage/service etc didn't seem to add up.. so don't want to touch that one. The next one was stunning 2 owners from new low mileage.. HPI'd it and everything just to confirm.. emailed/text the guy.. no reply so contacted them tonight.. and it was sold this morning :dapprove:

I really want the 'Racing Blue' / Gordini blue.. But then again I like the black.. Want the full fat ideally.. 2 or 3 owners max.. with mileage under 70k.. with decent service history, is what i'm after. Just seems to be a pain in the ass to find anything.. then when I do it goes or doesn't seem to be right.

How long did some of you guys wait until you found the right one?

107 Track Car & C4
Re: Finding the RIGHT Clio Sport to buy..

There always seems to be a few for sale in the 'For Sale' section on here. The good thing is you can more than likely track back to see how they have been looked after. I wouldn't too much on the mileage if buying off here as a majourity of the cars have been very well looked after.

Try and get a Trophy if you can IMO. I wish I had.

FF RB 182

There always seems to be a few for sale in the 'For Sale' section on here. The good thing is you can more than likely track back to see how they have been looked after. I wouldn't too much on the mileage if buying off here as a majourity of the cars have been very well looked after.

Try and get a Trophy if you can IMO. I wish I had.

Yeah i'm looking more into getting one off here, with something I can look back and check things. Was surprising to see how much I dug out about the other car.. the old owner of it posted alot on here.

I don't want a Trophy to be honest I do like them.. but just not worth it for me, i want to spend like £3k-3.5k max.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Firstly, ignore the mileage, look at the history, check it has had the belts done by someone reputable and check it has had regular oil changes, if you find one like that you will be onto a winner.

Also they all could do with new TRE's and Balljoints so if they have been done its a bonus.

Look for one with a semi-decent stainless aftermarket exhaust as the standard ones rot and can be quite costly to replace.

There will be plenty around, and you will find a good one soon enough.

Your criteria isn't at all unreleastic (70k/few owners/not silver/FSH/£3k+), it's just once you avoid all the chaved up/abused ones out there & put in a few personal criteria (especially colour) you can suddenly find there are hardly any worth a look within a 100 miles.

Obviously it depends how much over the "average" value you're willing to spend for the "perfect" car but I personally gave up looking for an RB FF - there were less than 301 of them made.

FF RB 182

There are a couple of RB very local..

But all have been played with/damaged/abused or have the standard cloth interior.. I know if i buy any other colour i will more than likely regret it... my friend has the metalic artic blue I think it is.. so can't get that else we'll be 'car friendsss' for ever. lol

I bought the second Clio I saw. It's silver and I didn't want silver but it was in good condition and had lots of history. It was also for sale on here. I had to travel about 115 miles to look at it but I knew it would be a good un. The first one I looked at was on my doorstep and was a right dog for exactly the same money as the one I ended up with

Finding the RIGHT Clio Sport to buy..

Apart from my Lotus, I've only ever bought the first car I've seen. (And the lotus was only the second).
Of course I do a lot of research beforehand, and I buy cars off forums, so the people and cars are usually known.

It's never gone wrong for me yet, I'll probably be buying the first R26 I'm seeing on Sunday too.

E46 320D Tourer!

Every potential buyer seems to be a millions miles from me too!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Aaron182's selling up, the bonnet needs fixing and there's a dent in the door, but otherwise it's a pretty good car. If I was in a position to buy it I probably would.

FF RB 182

The thing is in my current situation with just having my car smashed up and i've temporarily fixed it. I would want to come a view the car.. if i'm happy leave a deposit.. then i'd have to sort out the insurance take my current car off the road then go pick up the new car.. can't afford to have 2 cars insured at moment, unless I can get a temp policy just to drive the new car home. Pain in the ass/

FF RB 182

Aaron182's selling up, the bonnet needs fixing and there's a dent in the door, but otherwise it's a pretty good car. If I was in a position to buy it I probably would.

Not interested to be honest, want something pretty much standard and hasn't been tracked etc.

E46 320D Tourer!

I'd suggest you came and had a look at mine but even I think it's too far to travel backwards and forwards twice!

BG182FF

I have a BG, ands the only other colour i'd have is RB. lol. Basic rule of thumb to me is, if you enjoy spending time (quite a bit of) cleaning your car, detailing, go for BG. They're such an arse to keep clean! and being black swirl marks/scratches show so easily. BUT...once they are clean, I dont think any other colour comes close ;) Biased opinion btw haha.

If i was to sell my car, the next one would 100% be RB, and if not FF can be made to look like a FF quite simply

FF RB 182

I'd suggest you came and had a look at mine but even I think it's too far to travel backwards and forwards twice!

Yeah understand dude, trouble is with my car being crippled i'm kind of desperate to get something. And 182 has been the choice for a while now, just have an excuse to get one now.

FF RB 182

I have a BG, ands the only other colour i'd have is RB. lol. Basic rule of thumb to me is, if you enjoy spending time (quite a bit of) cleaning your car, detailing, go for BG. They're such an arse to keep clean! and being black swirl marks/scratches show so easily. BUT...once they are clean, I dont think any other colour comes close ;) Biased opinion btw haha.

If i was to sell my car, the next one would 100% be RB, and if not FF can be made to look like a FF quite simply

I work in a quarry i have to drive down a sand road every day.. when its windy the car gets covered in sand, pain in the ass. I used to have a second car, and could keep my Fiesta mint, it still was mint until lately someone dinged my rear 1/4, then someone drove into me. But now i'm doing nearly 200 miles a week etc can't afford to pay 2 lots of insurance etc. So want an all round practical car..

E46 320D Tourer!

To be honest dude, I was planning on putting mine completely back to standard soon as I've had little interest so far. Aside from the wheels/exhaust/iTG panel/steering wheel.

Would drop the price to £2900 at that point. I've not updated the ad yet as I've not removed anything as yet.

Monaco 172

I'm in the same situation, it's driving me nuts. wanted one for ages now. 3k max budget though

RS Clio 182

Think I saw this on ebay too? Where are you located?

its not eBay just on here and edition 38, I am based in reading so about 2hrs from you (depending on where you are in Devon!) happy to arrange viewing or answer any questions bud

FF RB 182

To be honest dude, I was planning on putting mine completely back to standard soon as I've had little interest so far. Aside from the wheels/exhaust/iTG panel/steering wheel.

Would drop the price to £2900 at that point. I've not updated the ad yet as I've not removed anything as yet.

Sounds good, but not too sure on the distance etc. PM me your postcode so i can have a look.

I'm in the same situation, it's driving me nuts. wanted one for ages now. 3k max budget though

Yeah it's s**t isn't it, really want one.

its not eBay just on here and edition 38, I am based in reading so about 2hrs from you (depending on where you are in Devon!) happy to arrange viewing or answer any questions bud

Bit a of a trek will keep it in mind, but ideally want a blue one.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

I work in a quarry i have to drive down a sand road every day.. when its windy the car gets covered in sand, pain in the ass. I used to have a second car, and could keep my Fiesta mint, it still was mint until lately someone dinged my rear 1/4, then someone drove into me. But now i'm doing nearly 200 miles a week etc can't afford to pay 2 lots of insurance etc. So want an all round practical car..

Just so you know.. It only cost me around £100 to insure my old car for a month while I sold it after I transferred my insurance to the new one. Might depend on age a bit though!

FF RB 182

Yeah i'm only 23, and trying to settle a accident at the moment without going through insurance.. I don't want to risk losing my no claims and my car will be written off. If i lose my NCB i'm pretty sure a Clio will be out of the question. Just been around to get a few quotes this afternoon to give to the womens husband, i'm not sure what he is actually planning on doing.. just wants something in writing for the price. Even though the accident was no way my fault, piss take really, but she won't admit it was her fault even though there were stupidly long skid marks down the road and mine were half the length of my car.

It took me a fair while to find mine, considering my search was quite intensive. Had £3,800 sat in a drawer in my room for about six weeks. Viewed about 20 RS 182's in that time. As someone previously said, I didn't want Titanium Silver at first, but in the end I became so frustrated with looking for a decent RS, when I saw mine, the time and attention to detail spent on it, the colour ceased to matter and I bought it straight away.

You will have to be flexible with your criteria for your Clio I'm afraid, many are getting ruined by ill-informed and/or uncaring idiots.

Good luck in your search, but definitely do not buy something sub-standard just for the sake of getting one. Be patient, you'll find the right RS for you.

Cup In bits

Yeah i'm only 23, and trying to settle a accident at the moment without going through insurance.. I don't want to risk losing my no claims and my car will be written off. If i lose my NCB i'm pretty sure a Clio will be out of the question. Just been around to get a few quotes this afternoon to give to the womens husband, i'm not sure what he is actually planning on doing.. just wants something in writing for the price. Even though the accident was no way my fault, piss take really, but she won't admit it was her fault even though there were stupidly long skid marks down the road and mine were half the length of my car.

You have went around it all wrong by the sound's of it, you should have had written or verbal evidence with someone
else hearing it. If she denied then get the cops involved right there and then if you know your in the right, your not going to lose NCB for a non fault accident.

P.S I can add extra cars onto my current policy for an average of £22 a week, think I was £34 or something to insure my Cup for two when I bought it.

FF RB 182

It was in a small country lane around a blind corner no witnesses or anything, my car would be written off and more likely insurance go 50/50.

FF RB 182

Am I being stupid thinking of the 172s? Whats the main difference apart from the rear exhausts and the extra 10 break? Saw one today in that dark blue the Wiliams came in, look pretty smart and a few more around.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Won't be as much as 10 bhp difference. There's a slight difference in the suspension setup too.

If you get a late phase 2, you'll still get cruise control e.t.c., but the earlier ones (and the phase 1's) don't have Cruise, TC e.t.c.

It's called Monaco blue ;)

FF RB 182

I'd want the cruise control, ESP, ABS etc to be fair. This is a ball ache.

Theres a lovely RB Clio 182 near me.. but it only has the suspension cup pack.. so no climate and cloth seats.. what else would it be missing?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member

So its a cup not cup pack. cloth seats no sport steering wheel no xenons etc.
Theres lots of 172 but rare with cc.