ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding the RIGHT Renaultsport Clio to buy...

FF RB 182
Re: Finding the RIGHT Clio Sport to buy..

I like it and could go view it tomorrow.. Just don't know if i'd be kicking myself later for having just cloth interior etc

RB Clio 182

I wouldnt go for one with cloth interior mate, the half leathers look half decent atleast, the cloth ones look awful imo and ive heared they start to get a musty smell to them lol.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1

Pretty sure due to the seats and dark wheels it's a cup. Not sure if the owner knows what they have as its described as having pastel blue body work!!

FF RB 182

So am i right in saying.. it has the 'cup suspension pack' ?

My thought were there was... 'style pack' xenons and climate etc.
And
'suspension pack' darker wheels spoiler, suspension difference and splitter..

If it had non of these it would have silver wheels and cloth interior and non of the above.

RB Clio 182

So am i right in saying.. it has the 'cup suspension pack' ?

My thought were there was... 'style pack' xenons and climate etc.
And
'suspension pack' darker wheels spoiler, suspension difference and splitter..

If it had non of these it would have silver wheels and cloth interior and non of the above.

Its a 182 cup, which has the cup packs as standard but cloth seats and no xenons. You want a cup packed 182 with the half leathers and xenons.

FF RB 182

Get it a bit more now.. I thought the spoiler etc was included in the suspension pack.

Na don't really want a trophy although I like them.. As you said bit expensive and rare, and the miles i'm doing etc would be a shame.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

You're severley limiting your market by not travelling for the example you want.

What is it to take a day to travel anywhere in the uk to get a well kept example than one you 'settled' on because it was just down the road?

FF RB 182

You're severley limiting your market by not travelling for the example you want.

What is it to take a day to travel anywhere in the uk to get a well kept example than one you 'settled' on because it was just down the road?

I know what your saying, but if i could get what someone locally 150 miles or so it would help.. I will be relying on a friend to take me to view it.. he works 6 days a week only have Sundays.. I'm working alot too, and still trying to sort out my currently crashed car. Which is all a bit pain in the ass. If a really good example of saying a RB FF matching my criteria comes up i will happily travel.. just doesn't seem to be much matching what I want exactly about.. fussy b*****d. lol

Finding a FF RB is seeming hard. :cry:

I did explain why...

* There were 301 (max, could be less) sold in the UK,
* Of which in the last 7 years XX will inevitably have been scrapped,
* And of the 200-and-something left, only a small % will be for sale at any one time,
* And it's winter, hardly peak time for people to be advertising cars,

I have sympathy with you because I too wanted a FF RB and had similar not-exactly-unrealistic expectations r.e. budget & mileage etc.

If you want a mint LY, RB or Inferno FF it seems you're far better off not actually "looking" to buy a car "now." It would seem best to virtually forget about buying one, but instead keep an eye out. If the perfect RB/LY/Inferno (rare colours & spec etc) comes up in April then good, if it pops up sooner then that's a bonus.

FF RB 182

I got a PM on here about a FF RB.. waiting on some photos.

The thing is I wasn't planning on buying one right away, but yes in the next few coming months. If some stupid b**ch hadn't crashed into me I wouldn't be in this situation. Just not sure how long I can drive my current car without being told to sort it out...

382345_10200299136336963_556828074_n.jpg

I did a temp repair but its a mess underneath and need a new windscreen :(

535527_10200305482535614_1195465655_n.jpg

RB Clio 182

Dont you like arctic blue?

Tbh they are all nice colours, the only ones i wouldnt really want are silver and inferno.

FF RB 182

Yes I like artic blue.. sounds gay.. but my friend has got one so don't really want to get one, although he said he doesn't mind. But other friends will never let the joke slide. lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
  Suzuki Jimny

Both packs by the looks of it. Probably ripped the splitter off.

Lol at 'twincup'

Monaco 172

Ah right, yeah that splitter thing got me confused. Alright cheers!!

FF RB 182

FF racing blue 182 just come up for sale today sent a email off.. is £4000 a decent price or a bit too much full service history belts done. on 57k miles. only time I can go up and get it is on Sunday think it'll be gone by then..

FF RB 182

Full fat? So hard to find a full fat one.. they seem to be around 3500-3800 from what I've seen..

RB Clio 182

Mines full fat mate arctic blue, 48k full service history, two owners, not a mark on it, all belts etc done, 3/4 tank of fuel, two keys, 4 good tyres, 6 months tax, 10 months mot, completely standard apart from a miltek, all receipts etc, all manuals still in leather renault folder, jack, locking wheel nut the lot, the only downfall was i had to do a 250 mile round trip but it was well worth it.

£2450 and that was the end of oct/beginning of nov last year.

Just keep looking, the right one will come up.

FF RB 182

May contact them later just at f**king bingo with the Mrs haha. Not sure how far great yarmouth is from me.

FF RB 182

7 hour drive.. 380 miles.. holy f**k. Be a job to do that in one day.

FF RB 182

Only day I can get a mate to take me anywhere is a Sunday.. will be very hard to do a 7 hour drive in one day... 14 hour in total..

FF RB 182

Yeah but still getting there then if I'm not happy getting back. My mate would be driving his 182 as prob best on fuel out of all of our cars. I hate looking for a new car lol

RB Clio 182

Yeah but still getting there then if I'm not happy getting back. My mate would be driving his 182 as prob best on fuel out of all of our cars. I hate looking for a new car lol

Be cheaper on plane to get back too :)

FF RB 182

Wonder if there's any decent trustworthy members on this site that would check it out. Then if it is worth it.. go check it out..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ofcourse there will be, bung someone beer tokens and they'll be happy to.

The benefit of having a third party view it is they wont be viewing it with any rose tinted spec's!