ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt with the DAS6

Mini JCW
A few photos after using :
Menzerna P085 3.02 on a Orange polishing pad
Menzerna Final Finish on a Yellow finishing pad
Megs Last Touch
Collonite 476 applied by hand
Valentines Concours applied by hand
(Note only the bonnet has been done)
4175875463_545894c894_b.jpg

4176626854_8c65d91b5d_b.png

4175880509_f3ea9e111a_b.png

4176646466_40416f4808_b.png

4175855975_6d47c7eb6b_b.png

4175861947_4e7709367a_b.jpg

ABout 50 - 60% correction I'd say, not bad but could be better.

Not a 320d
Looks very deep that :) not a lot of point in doing a full correction during winter anyway, id much rarther use a finishing polish at this time of year and then correct the car in spring after the shite weather has gone.

Mainly because Menz is a b**ch to break down in Winter conditions :(

Looks good though mate, nice Ibiza and thanks for the PM a couple of days back.

Mini JCW
Looks very deep that :) not a lot of point in doing a full correction during winter anyway, id much rarther use a finishing polish at this time of year and then correct the car in spring after the s**te weather has gone.

Cheers :)

Not a 320d

yeah the cold weather doesnt exactly help !!!

Im becoming a 3M fanboy now though ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I don't find menz a issue in cold weather tbh, did a trail on the m3 on sunday with 3.02 on a LC yellow pad, broke down with no issues. I am using a rotary though....my PC wont cut german paint unless I had a spare 4 days to get 99% correction.

Looks good btw, it comes to you the more you use it. My pc was a great way to start detailing they work so well on soft paints too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
agree ben, menz works in any heat really.
Not with DA it doesn't I have found in my experience.:(

I tried breaking it down with my old G220 outside in the winter and it wasn't having any of it. Couldn't get it hot enough. Rotary doesn't mind though, just rapes it.:star:

Break down with PC doesn't work, it just doesn't generate the right temp on the pad.

Silverline is no problem in any weather. Cut the R8 back the other evening with some 85 and sealed her up gooooood.

Golf GTD Mk7
obviously a DA wouldn't create the right temp in most weather over a rotary. Thats a different debate ;). Find my g220 ok in cold weather, but only with small pads mind.

Mini JCW
Cheers for the comments.

Looking good Ant, I'll have to pop over to see you sometime mate!

Cheers :)

Sounds like a plan ;)

Another day, another panel.
Today I sorted the front wings and drivers side door.

Also i'm just using finishing polish and finishing pads now, and still seem to be acheiving a good level of correction :) :

DSC_0001.gif

DSC_0003.gif

DSC_0006.gif

DSC_0008.gif

DSC_0013.gif

Finally getting somewhere.

'Berg Sold, Cupra-R
Looking well, just ordered one of these so hopefully get some good results like yourself

200 Gordini
A little tip when using the Menz polishes in this weather is put the bottles in a bucket of hot water before and during use :)

Im liking the result so far.