ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car first project 1.2

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi there this is my Clio 1.2 and I've done a few things but I new opinions and more ideas so please tell me what you think :)
so far I've done

lowerd it on coilies god knows how much
cades euros 15 "
rs grill
Colour coding being done next week
carbon weaving the badges next week as well

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 184
looks smart so far mate :)

but i am going to be bias as i have a pearl black 1.2 lowered alot on 16" cades eros gold -.- haha

i reckon 172 rear bumper, a nice splitter for the front, some little details painted gold...

if it helps for idea's mate have a look at the last 1-2 pages of my progress thread (ignore the early pictures of what i wanted it to look like, im scrapping all the green :L)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?618177-Black-and-green-ex-extreme-1-2-16v/page16

Clio 1.2 16v
Hmm I like the idea but tbh I think it would look a bit better colour coded I m not sure what to do with the dash tho :/ and the frot end :/

Don't worry dan, we can still have twin cars of different phases ;) (you need to keep me informed as to whether you are moving or not btw!) haha and by the sounds of it sam if you are going to be carbon wrapping all the little bits and colour coding everything else you may aswell go for the stealth look and get the cades powdercoated (or painted) black.... Just my opinion mate, and only because you are pretty much going all black with bits of carbon anyway....

Clio 1.2 16v
Cheesy spinksy well i don't know what to do with the badges I want them to stand out but I don't want to use a bright gold because in my personal opinion it'll look tacky many a subtle gold or something :)

Clio 1.2 16v
A mate of mine was selling for a steal of a price :) I got some standard dynamique alloys sprayed black and red for sale tho if your intrested :)

Cheesy spinksy well i don't know what to do with the badges I want them to stand out but I don't want to use a bright gold because in my personal opinion it'll look tacky many a subtle gold or something :)

i'm currently looking for the exact same colour as the wheels in paint tbh so would be a more subtle gold than the gold you thought i was on about lol

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah that's what I wanted to find my old man owns a body shop so ill get him to mix some up a lightish gold and if you want ill get him to mix a bit more up and If you like it ill send you some? :).

Yeah that's what I wanted to find my old man owns a body shop so ill get him to mix some up a lightish gold and if you want ill get him to mix a bit more up and If you like it ill send you some? :).

yeah mate that would be ideal!! :D let me know because if you could get a match it would be amazing!! i would quite happily pay your old man for the paint aswell man, only thing confusing me is its more a matte gold than a mettallic gold (which is why its so hard to get hold of i'm reckoning)

Clio 1.2 16v
Spinksy what ill do is when he gets back off holiday ill see what he can do and see how much he can mix then ill get him to do mine see what it looks like and if you like it ill send you some :) and also what do you reckon I should do to it next exterior wise with the gold badges done everything colour coded de wiperd on the back and de badged ooh and also interior I'm really stuck :)

Spinksy what ill do is when he gets back off holiday ill see what he can do and see how much he can mix then ill get him to do mine see what it looks like and if you like it ill send you some :) and also what do you reckon I should do to it next exterior wise with the gold badges done everything colour coded de wiperd on the back and de badged ooh and also interior I'm really stuck :)

fat megane splitter, i have a bonnet bra but they can be a bit marmite, 172/182 rear bumper is always a good shout :) then other than that mate spacers?

Clio 1.2 16v
do you have to cut the splitter dfown or anything ? and im not to sure on a bonnet bra :p it might hide one of my dents haha :p and yeah i wouldnt mind a 172/182 rear bumper but there hard to get cant find them anywhere :( and i got a set of 5 mm on the front and a set of 10 on the back but they arnt hubcentric and i need to get longer bolts before i put the 10mm ones on the back and im also guessing that ill have to cvut that little lip oput of the rear arches? :)

do you have to cut the splitter dfown or anything ? and im not to sure on a bonnet bra :p it might hide one of my dents haha :p and yeah i wouldnt mind a 172/182 rear bumper but there hard to get cant find them anywhere :( and i got a set of 5 mm on the front and a set of 10 on the back but they arnt hubcentric and i need to get longer bolts before i put the 10mm ones on the back and im also guessing that ill have to cvut that little lip oput of the rear arches? :)

i havent got spacers yet tbh, but to get the lows i wanted i had to roll the arches myself (on the rear)

and mine hides a small dint ;)

and it took me a while to find one but i got one in silver and painted it, and there are a pair of spacers for sale on here... 16mm with the longer bolts

oh and keep the cades!!!!

yeah you have to trim the edges off but not hard at all mate :)

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v
sweet man well thers a lil shop by my house that sells spacers but its only standard dics if you know what i mean i got away with keeping my standard bolts on the 5mm spacers but i really wanna get some hubcentric but tbh i need to get some custom springs made up for the back to lower it even more and is it hard to roll the arches never done it before and can i still have spacers on and camber the wheels? :)

sweet man well thers a lil shop by my house that sells spacers but its only standard dics if you know what i mean i got away with keeping my standard bolts on the 5mm spacers but i really wanna get some hubcentric but tbh i need to get some custom springs made up for the back to lower it even more and is it hard to roll the arches never done it before and can i still have spacers on and camber the wheels? :)

keep an eye out for custom springs on here mate iv seen a few sets come up every now and then :)

as for rolling, i did it with a hammer, rag and a block of wood and its was straightforward (just have to make sure you dont crack the paint, but your old man might be better doing it just incase...

yeah you can have camber and spacers on the wheels mate, shouldn't be a problem at all just dont camber too far otherwise it will ruin the wider stance you get from your spacers... and tbh mate i wouldnt run camber for the speed you will burn through tyres (but i use mine as a daily runner - you might not)

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah I use mine everyday aswell I'm thinking just spacing them out and yeah I always seem to miss them someone sujested customcoilsprigs.com but the website doesn't look berry trusting but they told me £90 for a set of 110 mm lowering springs for the rear :)

Yeah I use mine everyday aswell I'm thinking just spacing them out and yeah I always seem to miss them someone sujested customcoilsprigs.com but the website doesn't look berry trusting but they told me £90 for a set of 110 mm lowering springs for the rear :)

nah i looked at the website and it looks like a child designed it, maybe go to the address and buy them direct?

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah took the adjusters out the other day but have some bad news mate. :( crashed on Sunday :( new wing new bumper and possibly new suspension :( poor Clio

MG ZR 1.8
Yeah took the adjusters out the other day but have some bad news mate. :( crashed on Sunday :( new wing new bumper and possibly new suspension :( poor Clio

Just spotted this thread!
Hi, nice looking car.
Shame about the crash?! What happened? Surely if you need suspension you could have damaged the chassis? (Depends on how you crashed) pix?

omfg! how?

sorry to hear man, maybe a chance to colour code the bumper when it gets sprayed?

make sure you check everywhere underneath for damage that might have been hard to spot