ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car, Ph1 1.4 8v (project nicole)

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
My first and very loved car from past to present!
When i first bought the old girl back in september 2011
b944fd43.jpg

First day i took it into work i left with some graffiti
f49cfc43.jpg

After a while she didn't seem to run so well this is the main problem!
8d410b6a.jpg

b9113985.jpg

eecb330c.jpg

06b4100f.jpg

Yeah it happend the headgasket had gone big time!
478f49ef.jpg

So i repaired the head gasket at work staying on after work and during lunch breaks did all new head gasket valve stem seals full oil and filter change plugs and coolant! which made the car run really well for 200 miles then when i decided to go for a normal drive i got to the top of my road and heard a loud knocking noise the car cut out so i shamefully phoned the aa and got towed home, once i removed the rocker cover i found this
ae162e62.jpg

Where i had fitted the rocker shaft back on, without knowing that two bolts where longer put it all in willy nilly the two longer bolts had rubbed against the cam shaft causing vibration through the shaft to loosen the bolts and i call myself a mechanic!
Once all this was done i sprayed my badge on the front and got a cool little sticker bomb thingy
aed02a8b.jpg

then christmas time came around and i got a few gifts from santa
7981c7ec.jpg

fce31cca.jpg

The big man brought me a new exhaust k&n induction kit and face lift rear lights i also spray my badges on the back and put some gay stickers on

After a while i got fed up with the exhaust so went back to the standard back box debadged my car and bought some lovely illegal pressed plates! stupid man in halfords gave me the wrong paint! i also tinted my lights a little and de wipered the old girl
3b56977c.jpg

Then the little mods started i spray the inside of my combi meter (posh word for speedo) ford focus st electric orange
8b462608.jpg

Upgraded to some clear indicator bulbs front and rear
2d11a7c7.jpg

Then stupid me thinking i had a disco not clio got the car stuck!
3c00af8b.jpg

I bought a window sticker to rep a local company and also my cheeky cs tax disc holder
facfff3d.jpg

shortly after this time i had a accident which caused me spinning out at 70 mph lucky to walk away with just this
7df8db76.jpg

e545bf00.jpg

And thats really it until i start getting more money im looking to do the following.
Coilovers
new wheels, banded steels? or speedlines
172 rear bumper
some colour coding
new splitter of some description
Sport interior
Im always looking for feed back so hit me up with some ideas!
91afb363.jpg

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
I know I want complete new side strips because I have a a dci side strip and like some 2.0 16v ones also been considering the black bits on the bumper Matt black?

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Has potential. Back lights don't look too bad to say they're tinted and I liked the exhaust. I have colourcoded phase 2 strips on my ph1, they look better. Your rocker cover and exhaust shield are begging to be sprayed up on this though! Gloss black Rocker cover, painted silver block would look good. :)

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
I was thinking like under the bonnet stuff but I'm not too sure really because having a sprayed block and that seems good but who is going to see it apart from me

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
Started sanding down the front bumper today for a respray, fogs lights have now stopped working (again) And a rather nice knocking noise front the n/s/f