ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first clio 172 newbie

172 51REG
hi all i boughtmy first clio sport 172 51reg yesterday. i sold my zx6r for more practical 4 wheels. thought id buy a 172 as always wanted one in the past but was worried about maintenance but thought, just do it!
i never seem to keep any motor any longer than a year so thought il just buy a £1000 ish clio to have fun in for a year with the service history upto date.
i got a 51 reg 172, 81k, fsh, metalic red, new clutch, cambelt done 10k ago, few car park dings and scratches on nearside but offside tidy, anyway i think i got a bargain even if i have to buy a couple of tyres and wishbones.
now getting to what id like some advice on please.
need to replace my wishbones as lower ball joints have play. am i right in thinking the cups have different wishbones and springs and shocks?
if so can i fit cup wishbones to my none cup model?
my car also sits on phase 1 oz 15s without centre caps painted badly gloss black, i dont like these so if anyone is interested in a wheel swap please ask me.
il try and get some pics up tomorrow if i can.
Aaron
excuse grammar

WRX
Hi Aaron, whereabouts are you. Maybe interested in the wheel swap if you're after some standard Ph2s with good tyres. Cup shocks are straight swap on 172s, springs are the same.

172 51REG
Chaz I only paid 1150.
madgit- Nuneaton is pretty far from me but I'd prob be willing to meet half way if your interested. I have trolley jack axle stands and cordless snap on air gun so would be easy enough to swap in a layby or car park etc. I live in Somerset in the south west. Really would like to fit original 16 inch ph2 wheels. However I've been offered 4 brand new continental tyres to fit the oz 15s I currently sit on for a mere 100£. It's not what you know it's who you know...lol

172 51REG
profilepic89159_1.gif