ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Drive: ST170

Im back! :D

Was really looking forward to driving this, but was sadly disappointed :( the seats were uncomfortable, interior was nout to write home about, handling was OK, but nothing really ahead of the 1.6 ghia that I was in the other week.

Above all, it felt quite slow. I would happily take one of these on in my valver and easily keep with, if not beat its blue ovald ass!

Give em grief if you see em!

Abarth Grande Punto

my best m ate has just got a st170 only about 10 days ago! I was not impressed. Interior was sh*t and the performance just wasnt there! I knwo you have to run it in but still!

Wasnt a major thrashing, but still comfortably beat one pulling off a slip road on to a motorway.

Most people that a driven them seem to think they are far too slow. They are slower than a valver anyway.

Tappd'd RS

You really need to plum for all the "options" to make them worthwhile.

The only problem is, theyre nearly £19,500 fully loaded - Focus RS anyone? ;)

i had a play with one in my 16v down some lanes and it would not leave me, both of us 3 up had it down a dual carriage way,

it was close they were one car length in front but i got scared (wuss) other wise i would have kept on.

they were very cocky about it since it was almost new and they couldnt shake me off

Well if you were 3 up in a Valver and keeping with it then the ST must have been slow - extra weight is the biggest performance killer with a Valver..no torque until 4500rpm and all that!

Quote: Originally posted by CarlosTheJackel on 25 March 2003

Most people that a driven them seem to think they are far too slow. They are slower than a valver anyway.
They must be, coz I had a Race up the Hill on the A2 towards Bluewater in my 205 1.6 GTi and we were evenly matched!

I didnt even realise it was an ST170 until my passenger pointed it out, otherwise I wouldnt have bothered!!! :oops:

Still it was a laugh! ;)

C

Cupster

Had it with one the other day, I thought it was a fake it was cack I was all over it!!!!

From what ive heard the handle well but our underpowered, but you cant really have it rivalling the RS, especially since theyre both FWD.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Superb handling, well built, looks nice, but not as quick as they could be...

Thought about one myself, as they are pretty cheap on an import, but decided against it.