ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First ever Renault (just bought a 172 cup)

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys,

just bout a 52 172 cup today, love it its a beast, just thought I'd sign up coz a few of the guys on the bimmer forum really helped me n I was able to help a couple of ppl to with problems. Any way I'm mike from Wrexham on the verge of turnin 30! Fingers crossed this car should be sound I think engine/gearbox mount/s need doin tho gutted hopefully not too expensive.

cheers

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Hi guys,

just bout a 52 172 cup today, love it its a beast, just thought I'd sign up coz a few of the guys on the bimmer forum really helped me n I was able to help a couple of ppl to with problems. Any way I'm mike from Wrexham on the verge of turnin 30! Fingers crossed this car should be sound I think engine/gearbox mount/s need doin tho gutted hopefully not too expensive.

cheers

Welcome, good choice in car, you will find this place has all the info you will ever need about your car, and surprisingly bimmers and mx5's too.

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers guys, I don't know how to add pics??? I managed to throw one up on profile pic. Only nearly died once upto now which I'm happy about and that was before this snow, I did a scooby this morning at early o clock on the on bypass. Had to slow down as there was snow on the fast lane further up and had to let him past or die but was good fun and he must av been gutted as I pulled away from him! Love it! All it has is an exhaust and been chipped to 182 apparently, been recommended a panel filter by the friend who sold it to me?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome Mikey!
On the reply box, it's the third image from the right.

5SLE2zT.png

There, you can upload pictures from your computer, or you can upload the image to website such as http://tinypic.com or http://imgur.com and upload it to the forum with a URL.

Clio 172 Cup
needs lowering IMO and a rear windscreen wiper lol

Yes cosmetically it may look better, but there are two objections firstly I live in Wrexham and its horrendous for speed ramps mate and anyone who lives or has been here will totally agree its ridiculous! Secondly I wouldn't want to chance compromising the handling of it, can tell I'm 30 tomoro the mature if not broke don't fix mentality is setting in! My mate snapped wiper off somehow day before I bought it I'm hoping\guessing any clio one from scrap yard would go on?