ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First fast car

Clio 182
Hey everyone,
I am happy to be introduced in the Clio family after two hard years being in VW gang :laughing:.
First time I fell in love with Clio 182 was a year ago after my friend asked if I wanted to drive his.
My plan was to get the car at end of this year or start of next year but I went to view one yesterday and fell in love straight away.
Had a look, was happy and made the sale there and then.
Really happy with it, only other thing is to do a good check around to see what needs doing and crack on from there.
Will upload a picture later on.
Many thanks

Mantas

RB Clio 182
Hey everyone,
I am happy to be introduced in the Clio family after two hard years being in VW gang :laughing:.
First time I fell in love with Clio 182 was a year ago after my friend asked if I wanted to drive his.
My plan was to get the car at end of this year or start of next year but I went to view one yesterday and fell in love straight away.
Had a look, was happy and made the sale there and then.
Really happy with it, only other thing is to do a good check around to see what needs doing and crack on from there.
Will upload a picture later on.
Many thanks

Mantas
Great news mate, awesome little cars, i would advise good tyres and brakes, a suspension refresh, powerflex dogbone mount and vibratechnic engine and gbox mounts.

Enjoy.

Clio 182
Great news mate, awesome little cars, i would advise good tyres and brakes, a suspension refresh, powerflex dogbone mount and vibratechnic engine and gbox mounts.

Enjoy.
I already got ps3's all round. Need to change front dics and pads because they are sticking and over heated. Ill keep it posted of what I do to it :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to cliosport mate. Check out biggred.co.uk for caliper refurb kits. Do you know if your car has cup suspension or regular?

Clio 182
Welcome to cliosport mate. Check out biggred.co.uk for caliper refurb kits. Do you know if your car has cup suspension or regular?
It has cup suspension, I will keep in mind but first I need to find out the bad points of it and fix them up. Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I had one of their kits fitted a couple of months ago to cure a sticking caliper.
Cup dampers are reasonably cheap from Renault Parts Direct so if they feel tired it's not mega money to just swap them out. Springs can snap so have a look at the condition of those too. Also worth checking is the condition of the engine mounts. Good ones will keep your exhaust in one piece and make the gear change a bit nicer too.

Clio 182
I had one of their kits fitted a couple of months ago to cure a sticking caliper.
Cup dampers are reasonably cheap from Renault Parts Direct so if they feel tired it's not mega money to just swap them out. Springs can snap so have a look at the condition of those too. Also worth checking is the condition of the engine mounts. Good ones will keep your exhaust in one piece and make the gear change a bit nicer too.
I do have a sticking caliper so thats one of the things on the list.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk