ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First PC yesterday - Questions

VaVa
Gave it a quick go - It's bloody hard work - Removed some swirls, although not all which proved to me that you'd have to try pretty bloody hard to damage you paint with a PC!! Now I have had a go, I'm doing my missus's black Mk3 Clio next weekend - Will post the results.

Really pleased with the results, even on my Silver 172 - Used DACP on a Sonus yellow then Speed glaze on a white pad. Have no idea if that was the right way round, but my cars paint is as smooth as a babys arse.

I could only do the big panels though due to having no masking tape. I also found the pads I have too big for some parts -

Can you get smaller pads?

And what's the best masking tape to use - is normal stuff ok to stick on? I'm worried about having to spend hours picking off bits of tape!!

I have a 'finishing pad' too - What are the best/recommended LSP's to apply by mahine? I'm using P21s atm and really rate - It's so easy on/off that I can't see any reall advantage to applying it by machine!!

TIA

106 GTi
Correct order for products and pads.

4 inch spot pads are a must on a clio for wings, tailgate, roof spoiler and lower door, valences.

I use whatever maskig tape is around normally, if it is staying on overnight I use the 3m blue painters tape.

LSP by machine I never bother, just do it by hand.

VaVa
Sound, thanks Rich.

So I need a 4 inch pad then... thought as much. Do I need a different weight for the PC? I'm sure it says 6" pad only.

Oh and by the way - I introduced my mate to the AG twins on his all black Honda Fireblade - He's gobsmacked!!

106 GTi
Alot of people change the counterweights I use the same standard one with any sized pad. ( 4 up to the 7 inch ones here)

Nice one, I am to lazy to do that when I do bikes, they get a quick detail spray and a spray wax or maybe Klasse AIO if I am feeling nice!

VaVa
lol.... Trouble with bikes is they're a bit 'fiddly'. Where can I get 4" pads and a 4" backing platre from?

Some pics of the job anyway.....

Wash - Cheapo Car Plan shampoo
Clay - Meguiars Quik Clay
Wash
Dry - PakShak Waffle Weave
PC - Megs #83 on bonnet, roof, rear quarter and doors on Sonus yellow
PC - Megs #80 on bonnet, roof and doors on Sonus white
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Meguiars #21 Synthetic sealant
Wax - P21s Concours carnauba wax
Then some turtle wax nano tech stuff this morning.

P1010291Large.gif

P1010293Large.gif

P1010289Large.gif

P1010286Large.gif

Not bad for a three year old ;) Just wish silver photagrphed better in sunlight :(

VaVa
I'd offer to do it if I actually knew what I was doing. lol.

I'm learning as I go along atm. One thing I have realised (as I've seen first hand how much effort is required to remove swirls) you'd have to try pretty hard to f**k your paint up with it.

106 GTi
Turned out well - looking good.

I ordered my 4 inch spot pad set from Autopia at the same time as the machine.