ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of my CTR (caution: serious snow content)

Shame about the snow! But it's the first daylight pics I've taken of my CTR since I picked it up at the end of November after getting shot of my 172.

So far all I've managed to do is change my rear indicator bulbs for the silvervisions I took from the 172. I'll get around to change the fronts too, sometime, I promise.

Just taken the pics this morning after I'd recovered my CTR after I abandoned it this morning after I tried to leave Falkirk to get into Glasgow :eek:. Absolutely no traction when I tried to get back up the hill to the house after turning back...

IMG_4612.gif

IMG_4613.gif

IMG_4614.gif

IMG_4616.gif

IMG_4617.gif

IMG_4619.gif

IMG_4620.gif

IMG_4622.gif

Comments welcomed!
Ally

Ta for the comments :). I'm actually quite happy with those pics because of the contrast between the red paintwork and the white of the snow (no yellow snow around thankfully...), gives it a nice deep red appearance IMO. It can look a bit more orangy in bright sunlight, apparently, but we don't get much of that up here.

craig oh: just what Ross M says, nothing really in it performance-wise TBH. On paper the CTR's quicker but in reality I can't tell much difference - 6 and 2x3s...

Vtec + snow = abandon car at bottom of big slippery hill :(. Got it back to the house now though.

TAXI? Surely you mean Hovis? ;). My plate's going on it sometime soon, currently on retention until I figure out what I'll do with the REV plate (so naw, ALY plate isn't for sale ;))

its ok.
Ive seen loads tho
LOL I know, common as muck but it's more the snow I'm showing off ;)

Just read that apparently 35,000 CTRs were built in total, about half of these for the UK market. Don't know how that compares to 172/182s.

Leon Cupra R 225
its ok.
Ive seen loads tho
LOL I know, common as muck but it's more the snow I'm showing off ;)

Just read that apparently 35,000 CTRs were built in total, about half of these for the UK market. Don't know how that compares to 172/182s.

Well minus the 172 Cup's that are killed every winter and those figures don't really match up lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ta for the comments :). I'm actually quite happy with those pics because of the contrast between the red paintwork and the white of the snow (no yellow snow around thankfully...), gives it a nice deep red appearance IMO. It can look a bit more orangy in bright sunlight, apparently, but we don't get much of that up here.

craig oh: just what Ross M says, nothing really in it performance-wise TBH. On paper the CTR's quicker but in reality I can't tell much difference - 6 and 2x3s...

Vtec + snow = abandon car at bottom of big slippery hill :(. Got it back to the house now though.

TAXI? Surely you mean Hovis? ;). My plate's going on it sometime soon, currently on retention until I figure out what I'll do with the REV plate (so naw, ALY plate isn't for sale ;))

No...Taxi...As there more common than taxi's!!! ;)

I have to say, red is the colour I've seen the least CTRs in. Well thats a lie I've seen a JDM white one, which I almost crooked my neck as I turned round to view it too fast lol.

As father and son....
hope youve not got Potenzas on it, if you do be advised theyre dire on anything except bone dry roads :\

His 172 was falling apart!

Nice pics, shame the driver cant cope with a wee bit of snow! ;)
:rasp: It was the car, honest!!! I was fine in the Clio and the wife's Astra is brilliant in the snow (skinny tyres), but the CTR was a right nightmare...

nah it wasn't falling apart (well, not all of it ;)), but I did have a lot of warranty issues and really poor service from all the garages I tried. Plus Renault UK couldn't give a f**k about it (honestly). It was potentially going to be expensive to repair (warranty was to expire this month) and it was needing at least a new xenon unit. Totally lost faith in it despite me loving driving it!

Yup, still on the original Potenzas (car almost 2 years old but only 6k when I bought it in Dec 2006) and they're awful in the wet and lethal in the snow :rasp:. Supposed to be brilliant in the dry though, but I've not seen any of that yet... Definately changing tyre when they're done: PE2s, F1 GSD3s, T1-Rs or even the Uniroyal Rainsport 1's I had on the 172 (even better than F1s in the wet and still better than the original Conti's in the dry).

Honda Civic Type R
i've only ever used bridgestone pots on my CTR and it's true, they are brilliant in the dry but not so good in the wet. saying that though, i don't drive that fast in the wet, even with my lsd.

by all accounts, toyo t1R's are very good in the wet but too soft sidewall in the dry. same with yoko parada spec 2's. a little advice for ya. stay with the bridgestones as they are best all round but think about changing to the RE050 (as on the S2000) instead of the CTR's RE040's.

p.s the michelin pilot exaltos (as on the 182's) are suppsoed to be even better, but quite costly

cock mobile.
The standard Potenza's on the CTR are shocking in the wet, really surprised they didn't choose a better tyre.

Damn these tyres are pish. Although not having traction control could mean they won't last that long anyway LOL

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
First daylight pics since November? Seesh, I knew Scotland was dull but 2 months? lol. ;)

Looks cool, wish i had some snow here.