ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sunday :) gally has sent me some polish to try. And what's wrong with the pics on page one lol, hard work that. Snowing Sunday how ghey, or is it? Snowy type r pics ftw

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflex gearbox mount fitted, brakes getting much better, contemplating torque damper...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflex gearbox mount fitted, brakes getting much better, contemplating torque damper...
Personally I wouldn't bother with the torque damper mate. Like uprated mounts it tends to send a lot of vibration through the cabin, especially on cold start and when idling. Sure, it arguably eliminates a bit of wheel hop but the performance difference is pretty much zero. On the EP3 I would recommend new/fresh or uprated mounts over a torque damper. All IMO of course. :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Any advice is great. Looked at energy inserts too. Tbh if I can get a damper cheap enough, 40 ish I will give it a blast

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
F*&k me that sounded insane. Hes thinking of charging the saxo? Will be speaking to him about that at footy tomo :)

Clio 182 FF
Looks like a great example you've bought. Good price too. Make sure you keep on top of that paint!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So after the comment about paint ^^^ i thought id give it a wash,clay, polish and wax. Autosmart shampoo, blit hamber clay, merzenza polish (note to self dont leave it on to long), some wax Dawn sent me to try :). Anyway see what you think,

typer002_zpsd3354e6d.jpg

typer005_zps835dfbeb.gif

typer004_zpscc8e1f9f.gif

typer003_zps1f6ee5ba.jpg

typer006_zpsa4d5326c.jpg

typer007_zps70dc90df.gif

typer008_zps4ea1f4fa.gif

typer009_zps1ded5689.gif

Comments welcome...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Its going this week mate, im not a fan either. Although its supposed to give great gains but it looks like a magnex which i dont like. Being replaced with a Spoon rep and silenced bpipe, bring on the noise lol.

Swift Sport
Fair play, I'm leaving mine as it is lol.

I start a new job tomorrow, so hopefully keeping the Civic should be much easier from now on!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Smashing news mate. Atleast you won't have anymore clowns staying all day to view the car lol

Swift Sport
He was with us about 4hrs, my Dad was partly to blame as he doesn't shut up lol.

If this job is no good I've been told I can have my old job back next month anyway, so should be win-win.

225 Cup & Williams
Looks really tidy mate. I need to have a type r of some variant at some point. There's a blue Dc5 teg for sale local to me that I can't stop looking at lol

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha, you can talk. Was gonna pm you funny enough to see how everything is mate

ref post 236

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really tidy mate. I need to have a type r of some variant at some point. There's a blue Dc5 teg for sale local to me that I can't stop looking at lol

I was close to buying a teg ages ago, in blue funny enough. I would def have one

225 Cup & Williams
Lovely looking motors in standard form. This one local to me has black Recaros too which I prefer to the red.