ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I know you are on ctro so I won't come across as an ass. But are you not thinking about the v2 that is fitted in the engine and can suffer from heatsoak? The aem one I'm getting is fitted in the arch. I've heard great reports about the aem ones

Not performance related issues, I know they gain well, the heat soak isnt the issue. They are just in the arch, and if you go through puddles (not necessarily deep ones) they've been known to take in water and f**k the engine up. Theres more than once instance of this on all the forums. That for me was enough fo rme to cancel my order and buy a 2nd hand Teg M. Not my words, not my experience, but its well documented on the CTRO. Im sure if youre careful you'll be fine, but with my luck I wasnt prepared to risk it!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The teg and gruppe are mega money for no more gain though, look nice in the engine and on a spec sheet looks impressive, not £300 impressive imo. The k and one are supposed to be crap. At least no one can see the arch liner though :)

Arent AEM's like £270?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks lovely Dan. I've never even been passenger in one, never mind driven, but always fancied one! Will be interested to see how you get on with it after the 182.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The one ive bought is second hand off ctro in good condition and comes with a hydro shield, cost me £100 delivered. Ive been told by numerous people unless i go submarining in the car it will be fine. The hydro shield more than satisfies me tbh. Cheers Luke, only had it a couple of days so cant really compare. Cant wait to get it on track though :)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Sold up as moving hous again and needes topay some bills off .

The engine and gear box of the CTR anr amazing but there is not a lot between the cars . They are tow cracking cars .

Alan

I was refering to the downgrade lol, only joking. Getting the jdm rear bar fitted wed.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I just sold my Teg for £ 250 all in with hose and bits .

Alan

The teg and gruppe are mega money for no more gain though, look nice in the engine and on a spec sheet looks impressive, not £300 impressive imo. The k and one are supposed to be crap. At least no one can see the arch liner though :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Performance wise i guess not alot in them although it does keep going higher up the mph range

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I almost had an ep3 but went for the 182 instead. Think the ep3's are great cars though. I was impressed when I test drove one. Just preferred the 182 though as I've always wanted an RS Clio.
Milano red is the best colour too. Followed by cosmic grey pearl ;)

Racing Blue 182
Looks lush pal! Very jealous, want one of these so bad! But struggling to find one thats nice, close to me and in budget!

I want a facelift model too, but I think they seem to be a bit out of my reach unfortunately :dapprove:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lush pal! Very jealous, want one of these so bad! But struggling to find one thats nice, close to me and in budget!

I want a facelift model too, but I think they seem to be a bit out of my reach unfortunately :dapprove:

Just take your time mate I'm sure one will turn up

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Best colour for a UK model in my opinion mate, looks really nice.

I went to look at a Milano around the same time as I got the Integra. I just never really clicked with the car, the steering made me want to cry. One of my main criterias for my next car was hydraulic steering rather than electric and I was so dissapointed with the EP3's lack of feel.

I would be tempted to remove the fuse and go without PAS because race car, or fit a DC5 rack.

LSD is a must too! I trumped some chumps in the snow this morning :D

Any vids?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. Ive driven a couple of civics before and the steering seems different on mine, maybe due to the setup it has. I had contemplated a dc5 rack but theres no need now. i can just about use a camera let alone record a video lol. Jdm rear anti roll bar turned up yesterday looking forward to fitting that :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
If it's got the FRSU it'll feel a lot different!

I was looking at JDM ARBs but think I will get a Progress ARB and tie bar.

RS172 Flamer
I agree with comments regarding a diff. Drove one before/after and it seemed like a different car! The JDM ARB is a really good choice too... Definately plants the car to the road :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I cant (he says that now) justify the cost of a diff, unless it was going on track alot. Personaly would seem like a waste for a 'normal' road car.

Swift Sport
FRSU, an induction kit and some good tyres are all they need IMO, although I'm interested to hear your views on the JDM ARB. There's just so many modifications available for the Civic, it's overwhelming!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I think its down to whats avaliable like an exhaust, and then so many to pick from. Current tyres are michelin premacy and they seem to work very well. The chap who had the car tried lots of varients and found these to be the best. I was tempted by a sway bar but am i right in saying it could catch the exhaust? As im changing mine i didnt want the possible hassle so bought the jdm bar.

RS172 Flamer
I cant (he says that now) justify the cost of a diff, unless it was going on track alot. Personaly would seem like a waste for a 'normal' road car.

I understand where you are coming from. Two people I know who had them fitted, 1. Does various track days and 2. The other needed it to get the power down after fitting a Supercharger

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
imo its ott for road use (as an additional purchase). Like ste said, decent tyres and its all good.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Few bits done. New antifreeze, oil, pollen filter, brake discs and pads, and the jdm bar. Car is spot on underneath just a couple of drop links will need doing, have the origional ones on so thought i may aswell swap them, job for another day though. Looking forward to the drive home :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Aem fitted and thoughts on Jdm rear bar.

After fitting the induction kit and driving back from Liverpool I'm pleasantly suprised the difference it's made. The car feels in a way I can only describe as its just swallowed a fishermans friend lol. Can't hear it really until the crossover and brought a nice smile the first time it happened. The bar which everyone says is a worthwhile mod. If in honest I was sceptical but for a hundred quid and great reviews its worth a punt. Miles better, less body roll and more controlled. So all in all two hundred quid later the car has exceeded my expectations.

Swift Sport
Nah, I'm going to try and keep it... Got a couple of interviews and potential jobs so I should be able to hold onto it.