ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

ST
Ek9 bar the price is appealing lol. You did well with yours lol

Exactly lol, they command a huge premium for a 13/14 year old Jap hatch!

Yeah it was a cherished car I had, one owner from new, full bm history, I bought it when it was 2 years old with 27k on the clock for 14k, guy paid 28 new, full heated leather, met grey with black roof, works brakes, suspension, harmon kardon stereo. I didn't do much to it other than the map, eibachs, non run flats and a service every 8k. Sold it after 2.5 years for 12 with 45k on the clock. I'd have another but it'd need to be a GP works, at some point I'll most likely buy one.

FRS
A £2,000 pre facelift drives as good as a £4,000 clio 182 i had, with twice the mileage, the ep3 has more room, comfier seats, more reliability, sounds better, handles better, and is quicker obviously..

Megane r26
A £2,000 pre facelift drives as good as a £4,000 clio 182 i had, with twice the mileage, the ep3 has more room, comfier seats, more reliability, sounds better, handles better, and is quicker obviously..

I love type r's, a few friends have them an I've changed a few gearbox's for them an they are well put together.

As for your comment krys, most of its down to personal preference. Handling wise, I'd say there on part but I didn't rate the standard brakes. Reliability wise, every car has its problems an they do break!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Handling wise they are different. The clio is more chuckable where as the civic feels more steady. At the end of the day its how you feel driving it, could be the best handling car ever made doesnt mean it suits everyone.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fine mate, I work in the trade so I'm used to driving allsorts. Gear change and seating position are brilliant. When you looking to get one?

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Around september time, that's when the insurance on the 1.2 is up. just over £700 for 21 y/o with 1ncb.

Prices aint bad for a 55/06 Premier, about 5-7k for a very low miler.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Just for the extra's really.

A/C is a must, I've also discovered, and correct me if i'm wrong, A/C is like a £1k extra at the time.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Nice buy dude, looks really clean too! I'm trying to keep mine, especially after getting it all spotless last week and spending the weekend in it. It's hard selling something you don't want to sell, especially to messers who come round and kick the tyres for four hours lol.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Which brings me to my next question, induction kits. Which one? I've heard the aem one is great for gains, noise and value for money?

And flooding the engine ;)

Just get a Teg M/Gruppe M. You know you want to!

522103_10151415070542558_886629224_n.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Whats your initial thoughts alan. Filter ordered, aem and getting it fitted thursday :) Why is aircon a must?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
And flooding the engine ;)

Just get a Teg M/Gruppe M. You know you want to!

522103_10151415070542558_886629224_n.jpg

I frikin hope not lol, its coming with a hydro shield so its all good. Apart from the cost and location the gruppe m is not really any better for gains, as for noise no idea.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nice buy dude, looks really clean too! I'm trying to keep mine, especially after getting it all spotless last week and spending the weekend in it. It's hard selling something you don't want to sell, especially to messers who come round and kick the tyres for four hours lol.

Yeah its immaculate ste. Id do your best and keep yours, and lol at four hours what a tosser :(

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
My AEM v2 has been fine, as has my friends cars all fitted with the same one. The Gruppe M/Tegiwa is slightly noisier due to it's positioning, but the AEM is also rather loud on cam.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've heard some shocking things about the AEM?. I luckily got a 2nd hand Teg M with the Samco's for around £275 off Ben on here! I'd defo go for 2nd hand Gruppe M/Teg M over a AEM, they always come up on CTRO

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Nice car i had the Gruppe M PRC inlet manifold ( DC5 inlet maniflod ) 2.5 B pipe and a DC5 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold .

Car ran very nice with this set up .

Gearbox was short shifter and solid bush and this was good and a JDM RARB was a must .

Alan

Whats your initial thoughts alan. Filter ordered, aem and getting it fitted thursday :) Why is aircon a must?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've heard some shocking things about the AEM?. I luckily got a 2nd hand Teg M with the Samco's for around £275 off Ben on here! I'd defo go for 2nd hand Gruppe M/Teg M over a AEM, they always come up on CTRO

I know you are on ctro so I won't come across as an ass. But are you not thinking about the v2 that is fitted in the engine and can suffer from heatsoak? The aem one I'm getting is fitted in the arch. I've heard great reports about the aem ones

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car i had the Gruppe M PRC inlet manifold ( DC5 inlet maniflod ) 2.5 B pipe and a DC5 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold .

Car ran very nice with this set up .

Gearbox was short shifter and solid bush and this was good and a JDM RARB was a must .

Alan

I was refering to the downgrade lol, only joking. Getting the jdm rear bar fitted wed.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I've heard they're good too.

The common choices seem to be the AEM, Tegiwa, Gruppe M and the K&N Typhoon.

IMO you can't really go wrong, I didn't want to hack away at my car so chose the simplest option. Not really fussed about heatsoak, they get good reviews so they can't be that bad.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've got a modded airbox here if you want to try that with a drop in filter. £30 and it's yours!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The teg and gruppe are mega money for no more gain though, look nice in the engine and on a spec sheet looks impressive, not £300 impressive imo. The k and one are supposed to be crap. At least no one can see the arch liner though :)