ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post - just bought a clio mk2 ph2 1.4

Clio 182 - RB
i bought new plastics from a scrapyard mate took all the parts i wanted from an almost complete car, takes a while to do the whole process bearing in mind you have to sand and prepare the plastic then primer then apply the basecoats then lacquer too if u want, leaving time to dry inbetween each stage so you can flat it back. due to work and finding spare time my parts have been off the car for bout 2 weeks now i think so its alot easier getting other parts if you're going to try do it yourself.
I also bought new parts incase it didnt go well, so atleast if it went badly my original parts were still ok

Cheers pal!

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
you're welcome mate, colour coding of the door strips and handles is now finished and they are on the car :) pics to follow probably tomorrow and hopefully off to pick up some coilovers tomorrow as well

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
bought some coilovers fk highsports, hopefully will get these fitted on the car soon but i'm quite busy lately and have never fitted any before so i'll probably have to wait until i have a full day free. anyway here are the coilovers - not bought new by the way. Hopefully will upload some pics of the door strip and handle colour coding later too. thanks for viewing

IMG_0310.jpg

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Rear coilovers fitted today and wheels on, fronts getting done tomorrow hopefully. Rear number plate light also changed for a new one, pics of the progress later tonight :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
ok so here are a few pictures :)

first.. the changed number plate light. looks so much smarter with a clean new one

IMG_0329.jpg

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
For some reason I cant upload any more pictures other than this one. so for now heres a picture showing the rear height and colour coding on the door strips + handles. The ride is slightly lower than normal due to having 4 wheels on the back seats.
IMG_0323.jpg

plate light looks very nice, i bleached mine which lightened it a little, apparently a good sand down will lighten it up though, but wont look as good as that, hope theres an LED bulb in there :p

and the back is very low! looks sweet, do you not have any problem with rubbing or clearance with the wheel arches?

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
plate light looks very nice, i bleached mine which lightened it a little, apparently a good sand down will lighten it up though, but wont look as good as that, hope theres an LED bulb in there :p

and the back is very low! looks sweet, do you not have any problem with rubbing or clearance with the wheel arches?

Yes there is an LED bulb in there :) and no it drives fine although pot holes and speed bumps are a nightmare, may have to raise it slightly to keep it as a daily ride...
pics of the height now the fronts are done...

http://
IMG_0333_zpsee8a17e3.jpg

IMG_0334_zpsadee725f.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0333_zpsee8a17e3.jpg
    IMG_0333_zpsee8a17e3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0334_zpsadee725f.jpg
    IMG_0334_zpsadee725f.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 25
Also many thanks to Spinksy for helping with the fitting! leg-end

Really enjoyed the time working on it mate, it takes me back lol

Love any excuse to take a car apart and tinker so just give me a shout any time you need something doing

And we will sort out adjusting it once you have decide how much you wanna come back up,

Nice meeting you aswell mate, you seem like a decent lad tbf

TT QS
Love the colour of this. You need spacers. The wheels look abit lost in the aches. Cracking so far

Nice one spinksy! Prime location for photos now ;) no rubbing I take it? A lovely colour this.

Apparently dude quite a lot of rubbing and scraping over bumps so we are raising it a tad tomorrow morning

And honestly half tempted to start fitting coilovers as a side job lol charge a small amount per car ;)

Had same issue as yours with the rears and having to drill out the top bush (the one that sits in your boot if you remember?)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Love the colour of this. You need spacers. The wheels look abit lost in the aches. Cracking so far

cheers :) haven't seen another in this colour yet but i agree its not bad, yeah next plans are sport rear bumper then spacers but may need the arches rolled before spacers can go on.

Nice one spinksy! Prime location for photos now ;) no rubbing I take it? A lovely colour this.

again cheers mate, no rubbing when driving normally on flat roads but horrifc scraping on speed bumps even if taken at 1mph at daft angles so it needs raising a little.

Apparently dude quite a lot of rubbing and scraping over bumps so we are raising it a tad tomorrow morning

And honestly half tempted to start fitting coilovers as a side job lol charge a small amount per car ;)

Had same issue as yours with the rears and having to drill out the top bush (the one that sits in your boot if you remember?)

i'll try not to get up late! but yeah hopefully will raise it a bit tomorrow :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
I like this, although it is extremely low! Lol - What colour is it? I don't think I've seen one that colour before.
Cheers mate, yeah it's too low for a daily really at the mo, it's a green, paint code 903 which I believe is called either Nordic green or Abysse green

Ph2 Meg 225
Call up to spinksy's Saturday instead and I'll come for the rendezvous ;)
Spinksy did it only come with one set again? Old owners must have binned there originals and kept the same? If it ain't rubbing it ain't dubbing hahahaha! I still haven't sorted mine yet :(

Call up to spinksy's Saturday instead and I'll come for the rendezvous ;)
Spinksy did it only come with one set again? Old owners must have binned there originals and kept the same? If it ain't rubbing it ain't dubbing hahahaha! I still haven't sorted mine yet :(

Yeah only came with bottom ones lol

But got it sorted and looking awesome ;)

And I will only be around for a little bit of Saturday morning but if you come round early that's cool for me, can have kettle on ready for you both :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
It's now been raised up abit to make it drive able on a day to day basis. Still looks good though, hopefully picking up a sport rear bumper this weekend as well

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
bought a 172 rear bumper today, hopefully have it sprayed up and on the car in the next week or 2, looking forward to getting it on the car as i really hate the plastic trims!

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
so i got the rear bumper sprayed and fitted, also got the tracking and camber sorted out. Here's a quick pic of the sport rear bumper - hopefully more pictures that are better quality to follow tomorrow day

photo_zps6a53c684.jpg

Attachments

• photo_zps6a53c684.jpg
    photo_zps6a53c684.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 25
  Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
ok so here are some more pictures of the car with the sport rear bumper on :) could do with a clean really but its not looking too bad.

IMG_0372_zpsf5562d21.jpg

IMG_0373_zpsd7ec9765.jpg

IMG_0374_zpsae7bb369.jpg

IMG_0375_zps505f8311.jpg

Future plans for the car are as follows:

colour code the front bumper strips
new fresh clean plain number plates
flat wipers
new dust caps!

these will all be happening within the next few weeks then i can look at potentially doing some of the following..

get the rear arches rolled
wheel spacers all round
sport front bumper + wings + skirts (not sure on this because of how low it is the skirts could catch alot)
trophy/cup spoiler
xenon headlights
sport interior
upgrade the factory speakers in the front and back

Then perhaps get it professionally cleaned and buffed AND clio sport sticker in the window

Attachments

• IMG_0372_zpsf5562d21.jpg
    IMG_0372_zpsf5562d21.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0373_zpsd7ec9765.jpg
    IMG_0373_zpsd7ec9765.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0374_zpsae7bb369.jpg
    IMG_0374_zpsae7bb369.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0375_zps505f8311.jpg
    IMG_0375_zps505f8311.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 27
  Titanium 182
Coming along well mate, thought mine was a good colour, this looks so much better, i see what you mean with the wheels, are you getting an exhaust or leaving it with the standard one?

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
probably just leave it with the standard one to be honest i think it only suits a certain type of exhaust and I don't wana risk ruining it it if i decide i dont like the exhaust looks/sound after