ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First renault

Clio 182 cup
Hi everyone I'm new to the site and just had a quick question. There's a 55 plate clio 182 with both cup packs for sale close to me for 1350 and I'm wondering whether to pick it up or not. Its only done 69k miles interior is clean no rips or tears the bodywork is smart odd few marks. The only issues I have are the guy has no proof the belts were done but said everything was done in 2015 by a previous owner, when the engines running there's a slight tapping noise, and under acceleration there's a wind like sound(possibly cold air feed or induction kit) also the car has 8 owners from new which is abit off putting. Just thought I'd ask for some advice before buying.

Thanks for any help

Black 200
The tapping noise is probably the dephaser pulley, part of the drive system so you would want to factor in a new cambelt, dephaser and waterpump whilst its off, plus labour

Clio 182 cup
The tapping noise is probably the dephaser pulley, part of the drive system so you would want to factor in a new cambelt, dephaser and waterpump whilst its off, plus labour
Thank you for the quick reply, how much does that normally cost

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
8 owners in 14 years isn't overly excessive imo. As it's a late model and low miles you'll probably not lose any money on it if you do pay for new belts doing. If you're going to keep it a while having the belts done by a reputable garage will give you peace of mind that they have actually been done right.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
£1350 for a 69k 182 sounds a fair price if it's as tidy as you say, knock him down a bit for belts?

Clio 182 cup
£1350 for a 69k 182 sounds a fair price if it's as tidy as you say, knock him down a bit for belts?
I have he wanted 1600, I'm only going to do about 2000 miles a year in it when my legs can't take me to work due to weather, is there anything else I need to budget for on the clios