ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time owner of a 182! Curious on some things

Clio 182
Just purchased my first 182 and I’m extremely happy with the car!

A few questions on this
- I’ve noticed the Abs + ESP & service light sometimes come on but go off once turned off and on again. Is this a common thing?
- Is there a easy way to connect a aux to the standard radio?
- slight rough idle. Like a judder? The vehicle has a polybush dog mount, induction and full exhaust system with decat. Wasn’t sure on how these idle as it’s my first.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Welcome to the club! You are gonna love your new purchase as we all love ours.

To answer your questions:

The abs light and ESP light are very very very common on these. Do some googling and you'll find it might be a new abs sensor. Split abs ring or something else entirely. My previous one did this and it never bothered me too much.

From what I have seen or had, the only way to plug an aux in is have an aftermarket unit in the radio. Alternatively, save yourself a bunch and buy one of these FM radio transmitters off amazon for about £15. Mine works a charm. Plus usb charging!

Idling in these clios can be very rough. When i first had mine, i was convinced it was absolutely shagged until I did some searching. I would always, for peace of mind, look at some videos or get someone who knows these to have a look. Yes, they idle rough because racecar but you also could have an issue with spark plugs or HT leads etc etc. Just a peace of mind thing.

Best of luck with your new purchase. Make sure the belts, water pump and dephaser are all done. Other than that, get out there and thrash it!