ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First weekend's RS ownership

Clio RS 200 Cup
First weekend of ownership of Clio RS 200 Cup over. 300 miles in and I have been blown away! Inside the car is excellent as I was lucky enough to get the 'full fat' Cup (Start/Stop button, cruise, AC, Recaros, etc) but what has totally amazed me is the way it handles compared to my previous car (Impreza RB320) and the outstanding engine that just wants to keep on going right up to 7000 rpm! Impreza was unbelievably quick and a blast to own, but to date the overall package of the Clio (easily) wins hands down and amazingly driving the RS is hugely more fun.

clio 182
same here just got myself a Full Fat 200 cup and loving it , 300 miles in and clocking them fast, previous was a 182 , love the 200 tho

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
How come?? I'm very temped to get a Blobeye sti, currently got a 197 Cup

Clio RS 200 Cup
How come?? I'm very temped to get a Blobeye sti, currently got a 197 Cup

There have unbelievable performance (stating bleeding obvious) and virtually nowt including super cars could touch it on the road but living with the car day to day is fairly hard work. Unless driven on limit they are not easy to drive 'normally', fuel consumption is ridiculous, 2.5 engine famed for spectacular failures, and servicing is v expensive. The power is non existent below 2500 rpm and then you get hit by a sledge hammer when turbo cuts in. I enjoyed owning one and have some great memories but to live with every day far from ideal and as a fun drive so far the Clio wins hands down :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As its been explained before, 60mph over a back road in a Clio is going to get you going - the equivalent 4wd Scoob/Evo is going to be 85-90 to stir you the same way if that makes sense?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmm think I need to drive one tbh, mine will only be a toy as I wont use it during the week as I have a works van (my clio does about 6k a year)

Clio RS 200 Cup
Hmmmm think I need to drive one tbh, mine will only be a toy as I wont use it during the week as I have a works van (my clio does about 6k a year)

If its as a toy, a great buy if you get an unabused one - just get ready for a wallet liberating experience!!! ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Oh :/

think i I need to do a bit of research then. Mpg doesn't really bother me due to the low mileage I do, best look into service costs! Again it's no biggie, but could do without any major outlay in the next 12 months as it'll eat into my house deposit! These clios cost peanuts to run other than can belt time