ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted k-tec supersports exaust on my 182, small problem

clio 182
Fitted it this afternoon, was pretty easy to fit and it sounds great at low revs, but once i reach 3500 revs theres a high pitched screaching sound right up to the limit. Is this normal for this exhaust? Gotta say though that the car pulls like a train now and runs alot smoother than it did before, has made a big difference imo.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Fitted it this afternoon, was pretty easy to fit and it sounds great at low revs, but once i reach 3500 revs theres a high pitched screaching sound right up to the limit. Is this normal for this exhaust? Gotta say though that the car pulls like a train now and runs alot smoother than it did before, has made a big difference imo.

I have it fitted onto my 1.2, I know your driving a 182 so its different, but I also get that noise, like a rushing kind of noise if im correct? Yes I believe it normal.

Ph 1 172
The tone on my 172 ktec supersports exhaust changes tone drastically from 3.5k rpm onwards as well it's the norm.

clio 182
Yeah pretty sure its sealed ok because it sounds mint at low revs, the wierd thing is it only makes the sound when its in gear? If i just rev it while it ticks over it sounds fine, bit confused lol. kind of hard to explain the niose really, kind of like what you hear when a fan belt is on its way out only not as loud.

monaco 172
if it only does it when its in gear i cant see that being anyting to do with the exhaust system unless the fact its in gear is causing some movements of the exhaust to reveal a leak in the system.

clio 182
Yeah could be, wudnt it make a blowing niose though rather than a screech? first time ive fitted one myself so it wouldnt surprise me really lol

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
if it only does it when its in gear i cant see that being anyting to do with the exhaust system unless the fact its in gear is causing some movements of the exhaust to reveal a leak in the system.

Pretty sure its normal, ive had mine checked and double checked for leeks, but its nothing, sounds great in low revs, as soon as you give it beans and up into 4k you get the wooshing kind of noise.

monaco 172
duno, i just cant see how the exhaust could make a whooshing noise just because the car is in gear but if not in gear it sounds fine lol.

The fact its in gear sounds like more of a mechanical problem but im not an mechanic so ill just leave it at that lol.

clio 182
Is it a high pitched wooshing sound that youve noticed? It could just be that im used to hearing the knackered old one i had on and it just sounds different, ill get it checked for leaks over the wkend and see if anything turns up.

clio 182
duno, i just cant see how the exhaust could make a whooshing noise just because the car is in gear but if not in gear it sounds fine lol.

The fact its in gear sounds like more of a mechanical problem but im not an mechanic so ill just leave it at that lol.

Lol it just passed its mot and had a full service and the timing belt changed a few month ago, but it could be that the old exhaust was so loud due to being fucked that i might not have heard it before?

clio 182
Well had it checked today at kwic-fit and they reckon everythings ok , brackets are tight and its not catching anywhere, but they only revved it in neutral. As soon as i drove off i could hear the sound again. The guy said it could just be because its new and need carbon to build up on the inside which will make it sound better? That sound right? Either way its pissing me off lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Get under the car and try and shake the exhaust about it could be tapping something when your on the go eg body or a mount. Mine used to do it on the 200SX and it was the backbox hitting the tow hook. 10 minutes with a grinder later and problem solved :)

Laguna sport tourer
it will be leaking where it joins the cat mine done the same make sure its dead straight when doing up the clamp and put some decent sealer in it. if you get an assistant to cover the exhaust up while u look underneith u will see where it is leaking

clio 182
So u think thats whats making the squeaking sound then? It does sound like thats where its coming from but it seemed to be sealed ok when i checked it, ill have another look when i get chance. Thanx

Nothing at the mo :(
think about it

When you rev it stationary you just giving out revving fumes so to speak

When you booting it your forcing that exhaust out alot more!! hence the leak somewhere.. just check everyseal. maybe its cat/manifold gasket