ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted my BMC yesterday

RB 182
Well, I recieved my BMC after the group buy the other month... Twas a lovely sunny day yesterday so thought I would have a go at fitting this little carbon fibre beast :eek:

Anywho, As you can see from the pics below, I have used the new Samco induction bend which looks the biz! The BMC is then fed to the lower grille with a CAF. After reading in previous threads about the CAF, i thought it would be a simple job... Well, its either me or it was a right ass to fit! Managed to get one CAF to fit all the way down though :D

I bought 1mtr from Venair with the stainless trumpet at £22. (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227244&highlight=CAF) All I can say is that these chaps are top fellas! I ordered it Wed evening and it was delivered the following morning! I wish I bought 2mtr's now however. It was very tight with the 80mm Dia so I would say 85mm is best for anyone who hasn't got any CAF just yet.

I managed to feed the CAF all the way down and past the lights was the tricky part. A bit of a fiddle but it got down there. I removed the acoustic valve and air horn. One in place, the horn held the CAF firmly against the side wall so I'm happy that there wont be any fatigue over time.

My biggest problem was the lower grill however. My CAF could not bent tight enough to the trumpet, so iv'e left it secured to the side of the rad for now. Any idea what tubing is best for this? Will the hot rad be an issue for non aluminium CAF's?

CIMG0826.gif

CIMG0825.gif

CIMG0824.gif

I wasn't expecting much appart from noise, but as soon as I took my lil beast for a test run... Woo hoo! the roar sounds nice! Not too chavvy and it doesn't make much noise at low revs. So nice when driving into my close and not getting people thinking im a chav.

The pick up is great and you notice the difference straight away! Its quite warm this weekend so I was expecting alot of warm air to be sucked in, but the car is nippy from standstil and even better once some cool air is in the system.

Sorry for the long thread, just super happy with my BMC! :star:

One question... Does anyone have any problems with muck and insects from an open trumpet CAF?? my friend joked and said that a bird or bee could nest in there... But it is 80mm Dia for any animal or insect to have a ganders into lol. I have some fine wire mesh so that will be the next step.

J

JACKO CUP 172!

looks good. i have fitted mine to but need a shorter elbow and get the caf on the end.i noticed it picked up better lower down my caf is sort of wedged under the bmc so it is still getting a bit of cold air..

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Did you have to take off front bumper & wheel liner to do it mate ? looks v good

RB 182
More of a roar after 4-5K, under that I didn't notice any difference. Only when you give it a good thrashing :eek:

I will try to record it this week.