ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted the Brembos

Following on from reading this thread

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...Brembo-300mm-discs)&highlight=brembo+calipers

And needing new front discs and pads i looked into this Brembo conversion and managed to get a pair of calipers for near enough free, So i only had to get discs, pads, brackets and spacers.
Which cost about the same as a set of discs and DS2500 pads.

Took a couple of pics yep front tyres are cheap cack! (will be changed soon).

Only been on 24hrs but the braking difference is shocking and the pedal feel is aload better. Yep most might say its overkill and the standard setup is perfectly fine(which it is) But for how cheap i got the parts for this conversion i couldn't say no.

Oh and they squeel like a shot pig on very light braking.

DSCF1999_zpsec7bf7d8.jpg

DSCF2001_zpsa3defde1.jpg

Done the rears to match

DSCF2003_zpsb9515f0d.jpg

DSCF2005_zps0ff2b58a.jpg

DSCF2004_zps1f0d5c1b.jpg

DSCF2002_zps12c5a13b.jpg

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Nice Martin looking good.
Have you used ceramic grease with the pads ?

The pug lads suggest/advice the white grease pretty strongly.
Haven't gotten the time to fit mine with the ceramic grease :mad:

Nice that! What are the 4 pots off??

Cheers they are off a peugeot 406 3.0 v6

Are they 15's?

16" superleggeras 15s are a no go.

Nice work mate, how come they squeal? That would pi$$ me right off.

Taa,it pisses me off already! lol, common with these calipers

Nice Martin looking good.
Have you used ceramic grease with the pads ?

The pug lads suggest/advice the white grease pretty strongly.
Haven't gotten the time to fit mine with the ceramic grease :mad:

Hi Mart no used some mobil extreme high temp assembling grease but obviously to no avail.! i have some cerotec grease in the shed so will give that a whirl..

I filed the pads down and removed the stainless steel shims at each end emery clothed and polished them and cleaned up the alloy behind and still squeal lol, only seems to do it on light braking

I love that, good work!

How did you manage to get Your hands on a set of brembos for free?

Thanks slight over exaggeration :eek: £45 in the end

Good effort Martin. The car and the Brembo calipers look great mate :approve:

Thanks George

Looks great on the brembos

Cheers bud

Looks good Martin :)

Thanks Chris,have you added them to the list ;)

Looks nice bud

Cheers

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nope Martin not yet, got no funds whatsoever to spend on this sort of stuff.
Deffo something I will consider in the future though

E92 325D
Get that Cera-tec out the shed and on the back of those pads.

Mine havent squeeled since using it. Wouldnt bother with anything else these days.

dont think youll stop the squeal as it the ds2500 pads . they are a high metal content in the pads that causes it. i have the same thing with my ds2500 in the ap 4 pots.
also did the bed the pads in probable as that can help with stopping it .

dont think youll stop the squeal as it the ds2500 pads . they are a high metal content in the pads that causes it. i have the same thing with my ds2500 in the ap 4 pots.
also did the bed the pads in probable as that can help with stopping it .

Not running ds2500. Just standard oe peugeot pads, as i mentioned in my initial post it didn't cost me much more than buying new 1*2 discs and ds2500 pads.

If i had not of got all the bits so cheap i wouldn't have botherd tbh.:)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not sure how ds2500 would be on these calipers, but on my six pot tarox calipers they are horrible until warm, its really weird cause on the mrs 172 they work almost fully right from cold, but on the big calipers with the "same" pads (ie same model number) its noticeably terrible the first couple of times you press them.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
great mod looks great and will stop you a lot better now!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Does fitting the brembo's actually make much difference? I would have expected them to want to make the wheel lock up more due the braking ability and thus increase the intervention of the ABS? Obviously without ABS I would expect to feel a huge difference, do you have ABS?

regardless of that, they do look s**t hot compared to the oem brakes!!

Does fitting the brembo's actually make much difference? I would have expected them to want to make the wheel lock up more due the braking ability and thus increase the intervention of the ABS? Obviously without ABS I would expect to feel a huge difference, do you have ABS?

regardless of that, they do look s**t hot compared to the oem brakes!!

The difference is massive compared to the standard setup. I have given them quite a bit of stick and the abs has not been a problem what so ever/as of yet. And yep they look awesome;)

Alright Matt. Offset is et37 and have 16mm spacers( could get away with 10mm) the curveature of the rear of the spokes on my wheels help though.

Can pop by one of the days when your in and trial fit your wheel of choice on my car?

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Alright Matt. Offset is et37 and have 16mm spacers( could get away with 10mm) the curveature of the rear of the spokes on my wheels help though.

Can pop by one of the days when your in and trial fit your wheel of choice on my car?

Mine are et37 I believe (Cup Turini's). Yeah that's sound mate I'll sort something out with you soon :)