ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 17" wheels onto 1.2 Clio

Seat Leon Cupra,Clio
Hey guys. I need your advice. Ive got some 17" wheels and want to put them on my daughters 1.2 Clio (2000 model). Now I put one on the back,no problem. But when it came to doing a front one, not only did it rub on the front arch slightly, but the spring was in the way, and so wouldn't fit. Ive heard of spacers you can buy, to move the wheels out, but that would surely cause another problem, like needing wider arches...Any ideas, or is it just a case of selling the wheels and going for some a bit smaller? Cheers!!

182, SQ7, Trafic
Sounds like the offset or tyre size is wrong. 17's fit fine, they just look at little large

Renault Clio MK4 RS
just buy some sport alloys and fit them. They look great :) plus dont think ive seen any 16" sport alloys on a 2000 reg clio! but i would recommend the oz f1s aswell like most others will to :p

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
RULES of this Forum ref wheels

You will NEVER fit any wheels larger than 16" to a clio this WILL handle worse than an asda trolley with a wonky wheel grip will be same (this is what they have read 99% have never drove a clio on 17s with correct offset and suspension , so it must be right ! ) also It will look worse than any other car you have ever seen if fitted with 17s !! ( Much better to follow the sheep fit std 16s or 15s and be a driving god !! )
Wheels MUST be turinis everything else looks w**k !

THE END

100_0265.jpg

doesn't look too bad.

RULES of this Forum ref wheels

You will NEVER fit any wheels larger than 16" to a clio this WILL handle worse than an asda trolley with a wonky wheel grip will be same (this is what they have read 99% have never drove a clio on 17s with correct offset and suspension , so it must be right ! ) also It will look worse than any other car you have ever seen if fitted with 17s !! ( Much better to follow the sheep fit std 16s or 15s and be a driving god !! )
Wheels MUST be turinis everything else looks w**k !

THE END

Rant over Dave? ;)

^^Flol just spat tea on my works computer

100_0265.jpg

doesn't look too bad.

^^^I like that, needs to be a tad lower on the front:quiet: