ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a 172 Cup Splitter

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Right, Ive just had a look at fitting my 172 cup spitter and there are screws that need to be removed first.

They just seem to keep turning :(

Any ideas?

Also, on the splitter are screw holes where the screws go, but the last one at each end is like a large triangle cut out, and so I cant see how a screw will hold it in place??

Make sure you do not remove the original screws i fitted one last night you just have to screw around them. There are spaces in the splitter so it fits well! Just make sure you have the car on the ramps and a person to help, took me and my dad 30min may be a bit less last night!

Does this help at all?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ahhhh ok :)

So leave the original screws where they are and then use a dril to put some small pilot holes for the self tappers that come with the splitter.

I get ya.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I just used self tappers. They had not probs screwing into the plastic. Dont think you need to use a drill.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Mines all fitted, piece of cake.

Looks smart, just finishes it off nicely. Although the wifes impression..... "yeah and?!?" hhmmmmm some will never learn! :)