ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a head unit into a MK3

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Hiya guys ive recently just got a 53/2003 plate clio dynamique 1.2 16V first car im 17 and wanting to fit a new head unit my mates got a mark 2 and fitting a new headunit resulted in his speedo not working does this happen in a mk 3 get back soon as possible please as wanting to purchase new HU.

Cheers.

White Sti Hatch
No worries bout Spedo more concerning is the space behind the Hedunit good luck cramming all the cables in i had a MARE !!!

Aslo youll need a sorround less you dont mind seeing holes at either side of your HU

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
well personally dont know mate all i know is my mate installed a after market head unit in his clio mark 2 i think due to when he changed speeds in it it became louder so i guess it was connected i could be totally wrong but i just wanted to make sure :)

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
na not bothered about seeing a few little gaps :p but cheers for the feedback guys much appreciated.

White Sti Hatch
well personally dont know mate all i know is my mate installed a after market head unit in his clio mark 2 i think due to when he changed speeds in it it became louder so i guess it was connected i could be totally wrong but i just wanted to make sure :)

Aaaaah so your wanting to know if you lose the function of when you reach round 70 your music gets louder ! then yes you wont get it with an aftermarket HU mate nothing to worrie bout ne way load of pish !

AK

M240i
na not bothered about seeing a few little gaps :p but cheers for the feedback guys much appreciated.

Thats what i thought at first. . . ended up doing my heed in tho LOL.

Only 8 quid or something for the surround, makes it look much neater tbh.

the speedo not working will have been that the remote lead would have gone into the speedo input on the loom which then cuts out the dial for it

matt

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
so its no different with a mark 2 then? first time attempting this so wanna get it right just bit nervous

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
got 2 12 inch subs in the back with amp and so on got every wire through ready and that rca's through the middle power to the amp remote wire waiting for the new radio and gonna replace door speakers but they are easy. But mate tells me RCA cables wont allow me to push the radio back in all the way -.- lol

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
haha well thanks for all the input seriously appreciated give it a bash tommorow wont know until i try aye :)

Never above 25mpg
My mate's got an 02 dynamique and an LG one he bought from Halfords made his speedo not work but then getting a Sony one changed that and everything was fine!

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
yeah something about the pins ah i dont know gonna get that headunit if it all f***s up il go halfords ask em to fit it for me linked the head unit im after in the first page so just pray and hope its all good. :D

My mate's got an 02 dynamique and an LG one he bought from Halfords made his speedo not work but then getting a Sony one changed that and everything was fine!

thats down to what i spoke about with the remote lead,on sony/alpine etc the remote lead comes out of the headunit and is separate whereas lg goes straight into clio loom

clio sport 197
its all to do with can-bus the new multi-plex wire system that there using now. its to save money. basically everythink is linked to everything you have go and buy the lead direct off renault it just goes in between the iso lead to your radio if you dont have this then also sorts of crazy things can happen i.e air bag lights going off, wipes going on, stupid stuff like that.

better to be safe then sorry....

not with the mk2 matey.ignore the above comment.you dont have to purchase a lead from renault so long as you dont have any feeds going through the can "hi" and "low" it wont affect it but thats for the mk3