ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting an amp on clio 182

Focus RS, 182 gone

Hi,

Im about to fit my stereo into my 182, trouble is, i cant find anywhere to thread the live wire from the battery into the car. Can anyone tell me where it will thread through, without taking things apart to much?

Cheers

Ziel Nurburgring

Passenger side footwell, shove hand up behind sound deadening about halfway youll find a grommit. this will lead to the engine bay behind the sounds deadening that side. Better off removing the fluid bottle to the to it. Poke through with a wire hanger or screwdriver

Focus RS, 182 gone

I cant find it, unless its the one that has 2 wires already running through it? which is visible without going under the sound proofing?

Focus RS, 182 gone

Mate, iv just spent 30 mins tryin to poke a wire coat hanger through that grommet, it aint happening, its as tight as a ducks arse. No way the wire would fit through, is there an easyer option??

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 27 May 2005
Wtf wheres the nice one Sport182 thanks for the guide LOL :p

Sssshhh ;)

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by azzer2000 on 27 May 2005
Mate, iv just spent 30 mins tryin to poke a wire coat hanger through that grommet, it aint happening, its as tight as a ducks arse. No way the wire would fit through, is there an easyer option??

You need two people to do it.

Eviljohn was braver than me and pushed his arm right behind the coolant bottle (which was removed) as i shoved the power cable through the grommit using a wire coathanger. Once you get hold of it, its easy.

Gotta give it some force!! Stab a screw driver through it!

Helps of you remove the coolant bottle then you can force your arm down the back of it.