ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Cooksport springs - spring compressors?

So yesterday I tried to fit my cooksport springs, managed to assemble the spring and topmount onto the dampers without the need for spring compressors (as usual with lowering springs) but I can't get them onto the car as the ARB seems to hold the hub too high. Are they really this long that I need spring compressors on them to fit them to the car?

Cheers

I've got both sides up and no struts on it, the dampers look about 3" too long, even leaning on everything I can barely get it in above the CV boot.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They can be a pain, top up in the strut tower first? I had to get a spare pair of hands and roll the hub forward and back to get one side in

Fair enough, just didnt want to wreck the CV boot! Why cant they just drop in like every other car ever! Kev and I were congratulating the french and mr Cook when the springs went on without compressors and then cursing when they wouldnt go into place!