ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting my components into my mk1

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
right my prob is that i bought a set frm halfrauds, there were fusions, anyway they come with 2 little amp sort of things?:S thats what im guessign they are but i dnt want to install these on view as then i will have the bullshit of some knob smashing my window any1 suggets soemwhere easy to install them thats out of view but easy enough to get 2?

Tesla MP3 2021
they are called cross overs.. they split the signal from the amp into bass/trebb... are you powering them from a seperate amp or from your h/unit.

Tesla MP3 2021
i wouldnt bother with the crossovers for now as the speakers are being powered from the h/unit so the signal is already split.

J

jamesy

hide them behind the door panel thats where everyone else normally puts them

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
door pockets?

ive got clarion components in my mk1, had crossover built in to the wire!

J

jamesy

easy job whereever you decide ive fitted so many sets in mk1s for my customers, the biggest bother is mounting the x/over on the door on show because you then need to drill and feed all the wires through;)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
sambo how did u manage that? wire all the electronics inline?

jamesy- wudnt it be a bad idea putting them on show due 2 theft?(im leaving my original grills on the new speakers and hiding the tweeters)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
they came like that with the crossover system built in to the wiring.. much easier :)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^^^ how hard is it 2 remove door cards? and do i fix it to the rear of the door cards? wnt the screws stick through?

Polo + Micra
Biffons_Bridge said:
i wouldnt bother with the crossovers for now as the speakers are being powered from the h/unit so the signal is already split.

:S the signal isn't split when it comes out of the hu.

with comps you will almost;) allways need the x-over

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
ok so now im fitted it all (put the crossovers in the door pockets) but which 1 of the wires that goes to the speaker is positive and which 1 is negative? there is a purple 1 and a whitish 1???????

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
ok so now im fitted it all (put the crossovers in the door pockets) but which 1 of the wires that goes to the speaker is positive and which 1 is negative? there is a purple 1 and a whitish 1???????