ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting pagid lh handbrake cable

monaco 172
Well the left ha d cable snapped when the mot tester did the brake test so I went to eurocarparts and managed to find the cable which apparently fits.

The actual cable seems to be the correct length but the issue I'm having is the casing isn't quite long enough to allow the metal bit to locate into the hole in the caliper.

See attached pic

Will it be ok like this or should I just bitethe bullet and order Renault?

Attachments

• 20180708_164246.jpg
    20180708_164246.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 328
  dan's cast offs.
they don't fit now. they changed just after euro started using the name, they know they don't fit as well but no one seems to actually do anything about it. even the first line ones don't fit now either.

monaco 172
Oh great lol.

Recon they will let me return it?

Only cost me £16 but at least itl be £16 toward a Renault one

monaco 172
Will 182 cables fit a phase 2 172?

Looking on renaultparts direct and the ones listed for the 182 are 12 quid cheaper than the ones listed for the 172 but the description says 182 only.

I thought that phase 2 172 and 182 were the same

monaco 172
That's what I thought but rpd list a different set of cables for the 172 and they are significantly more expensive than the ones they list for the 182

dan's cast offs.
the 182 is longer with the stub axles being taller tha the 172, think there is only about 15mm difference in length? will work on a 172 fine though.

monaco 172
Cool l, thanks.

Think I'll save the money and get a pair of 182 ones then.

I've noticed that ktec only list phase 1 cables seperate and they say a phase 2 172 and 182 use the same cable.

monaco 172
Well I can confirm that 182 cables fit fine.

Rpd didn't seem too kean to sell me the cheaper 182 cables as he said they've never sold 182 cables to fit a 172 so I didn't want any issues trying to return them by going against his advice.

So i ordered them from ktec, although they were more expensive than from rpd ktec did say they are 100% sure they would fit and it was still cheaper than ordering the correct 172 cables from rpd.