ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting PMS RARB help

Clio 172 ph1
Looking to fit my PMS RARB at the weekend (ph1 172). Looking at the instructions it mentions undoing the axle bush mount bolts but warns 'if the axle bracket captive bolts turn in the chassis you won’t be happy'.

Is there any way to access the top of these bolts when I try to undo them? And has anyone be unfortunate enough to break the welds on the bolts?

I have seen another option of dropping the fuel tank, but don't want to cause any leaks!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Are they not the same as the ph2 where the captive cage nut is under the rear seats?

Clio 172 ph1
I gathered by the instructions that they were inside the chassis. However if they are under the rear seat that would make it easier!

Having a nightmare with captive nuts on the exhaust mount, so didn't want a repeat.

Clio 172 ph1
Does anyone know the size of the bolts for the mount that fits to the chassis and also the bolt that goes through the bushes?

Looking at them they look pretty gritted up so can see me replacing a few and I would rather have them ready than panic searching on a Saturday afternoon!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The 6 bolts to the chassis are captive ones like i mentioned, but you can replace with high tensile if needed.

6 x M10x130mm for the mounts to chassis

2 x M10x110mm for the beam to mount

I'm not claiming responsibility if they're wrong 😂 it's just what i've seen on here.

Clio 172 ph1
I will order up some of those sizes and maybe a few M12 just in case 😂

Also read that they should be 12.9 grade steel bolts, not sure how true that is? Should make finding them fun, as can't see general hardware shops having them.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I will order up some of those sizes and maybe a few M12 just in case 😂

Also read that they should be 12.9 grade steel bolts, not sure how true that is? Should make finding them fun, as can't see general hardware shops having them.

They're definitely M10, it was more the length that i wasn't 100% owning up to haha.

10.9 or higher will be fine.

Clio 172 ph1
Knowing they are M10 is the main thing.... I will get a few lengths. Worse case I will cut them down.

Now just need to find the best place to buy them!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Dropped the beam on my 182 at the weekend. With the fuel tank with less than a quarter left inside, I removed the four bolts and leveraged the tank at a angle to pull the beam bolt out. Don't have to bother with the mount bolts then.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Knowing they are M10 is the main thing.... I will get a few lengths. Worse case I will cut them down.

Now just need to find the best place to buy them!

Kays Fasteners online, they deliver. I get all mine stuff from them.